Chapter 7: Only 15

*Next Morning*

I woke up and looked at my watch. It was 11:00. I got up and walked to the kitchen.

"Hey, Dad. Aren't you supposed to be at work? Where's Mom?" I asked Dad.

"Let's just say, we're all taking  sick day. Your mother is still in bed." Dad said.

"Is she okay?" I asked him.

"No...not really. But she'll be alright soon. Are you okay?" He asked me.

"...No...not really..." I said with my head down. "Where's Oliver?" I asked.

"He's been in his room all morning." Dad said. "It'd most likely be best not to disturb him, right now." Dad knew that Oliver was probably more angry and spiteful (towards me) than ever before. That's just his personality.

"Well, if you need me I'll be in my room." I told dad as I walked back to my room.

I grabbed my phone and sat down on my sleeping bag and saw that I had a missed call from Shane, who knew that I was staying home. So I called him back.

"Hello?" Shane answered the phone.

"Hey, Shane. It's Saphire." I said.

"Oh hey, Saphire." Shane said.

"Yeah, uh why aren't you at school." I asked him.

"Oh, I overslept, and so did Mom. We didn't get home until 11, and I didn't go to sleep until 3 am." He said. They didn't get home until 11 because of what happened last night. "By the way, how are you guys?"

"Well, Dad didn't go to work, Mom is refusing to get out of bed, Oliver's most likely angrier than ever, and I...well *Sigh* I don't know..." I said melancholicly. With bitter tears running down my face.

"Saphire...I know exactly how you feel...I'm really, very sorry. Do you want me to come over?" Shane offered.

"No, no, it's fine, really. It's just that everything happened so fast...I need time to adjust." I said while crying.

"I'll be there in a minute." Shane knew that I needed him right now and I didn't want to admit it. " I have to hang up so I can get ready."

"Alright, bye." I said.

"Bye." He said. I hung up the phone, and continued to cry. I decided to get up. I walked to Oliver's room and knocked on the door. I was crying even more, and my constant crying began to affect my breathing. Oliver opened the door and saw that I was crying.

"Come here." Oliver said as he gave me a hug. " I know. I'm upset too. But could you please stop crying? I know this was very sudden and definetly unexpected, but you gotta stop crying, your 14 years old. Be a women." He tried to cheer me up. It kinda worked. We began to sway from side to side while we hugged. I then stopped crying. "That's better." He said as he looked into my eyes. We stopped hugging.

"I came to ask if you were alright." I said.

"I'm alright if you are." He said. "Are you?" He asked.

"No." I said.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked while gesturing me to come into his room. "This will be the only time I allow you in here." He persuaded. Him and I walked into his room and closed the door.

"When I saw the building ingulfed in flames because of the accidental explosin. I was so...no words can describe how...how inconsolable I was. Not even Shane could comfort me because, well I have fire powers and my oldest sister died in a building fire. Do you have any idea how conflicting that is?! I wish I never got these stupid fire powers..." I said. I didn't regret anything I just said.