Chapter 4: Please, Don't Freak Out.

*September 1st*

"How do I look?" I said as I walked out of my room with a cute and casual outfit outfit on. I had a basic blue long sleeve shirt on under a sky blue shirt that had a pie on it that said "Cutie Pie" above the pie and below the pie it said "Yum!" all in pink bubble letters, and some blue jeans and short dark blue boots. Even though I was a little old for that, the way I wore it, looked really nice.

"You look beautiful as always dear." Mom told me.

"I know your just saying that because your my mom." I told her.

"Okay." She said.

"What would you tell me if you were one of my friends?" I asked her.

"I'd tell you to zip up your fly, Sweetie!" She said smiling.

Dad, Victoria, and Oliver began to laugh.

I quickly turned around and zipped up my fly feeling extremely embarassed.

"Better?" She asked.

"No." I began to pout.

"Now do you see why I do what I do?" Mom asked.

"Maybe!" I continued to pout.

Doorbell rings.

"Coming!" Victoria said as she ran to open the door.

"Hi!" Mrs. Knight waved to us all as her and Shane stood  at the door.

"Hey you two!" Dad said.

"Come in, come in!" Mom said.

"So this is the new Howl household!" Shane said as him and his mom walked in.

"How do you like it?!" I asked Mrs. Knight.

"How do you like it?!" She asked me.

"I like it!" I said.

"Then, I love it!" Mrs. Knight said.

"So do you want to show me your room?" Shane asked me.

"No. I just messed my room up while trying to look for something to wear." I told him.

"And you found that...outfit?"He asked.

"Yes. What's wrong with it?" I asked.

"That outfit just looks a little hot. It's still summer ya' know." He said.

"It's September." I told him.

"1st...September 1st. Autumn doesn't start until your birthday, I think." Shane said."Plus, it's gonna be warm today."

"Oh, so once your mom got a job as a meteorologist on the news, you just suddenly knew the weather, huh?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Basically." He joked.

While we were having this conversation I was wondering whether or not I should tell him about that crazy thing that happened yesterday afternoon.  I finally decided that I should because if I didn't, he wouldn't be happy, he'd be even more upset with me if I lied to him, and I usually tell him almost anything and everything. I decided to take him to the place that it happened, the woods.

"Can I show you something?" I asked him.

"What?" He asked.

"It's something...interesting..."

"...You mean in a good way or...not in a good way?"

"Look, just promise me you will not freak out!"