Chapter 13

I woke up the next morning cold. Jonah didn't come home last night and I had to work today. I was exhausted and stressed. I really didn't want to go in today, but I needed the money. I drug myself to the shower and washed my hair, shaving afterwards. I know I shaved yesterday, but that's my ocd tic. Body hair makes me so so uncomfortable, I will literally have a panic attack over stubble. I dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and my uniform shirt. It was spring time now, and was getting a little warmer. I pulled on a pair of black worn Toms and piled my hair into a messy bun. I didn't even bother with makeup, just shoved my glasses on and grabbed my wallet. I grabbed my keys and decided to drive over today instead of walking.

Parking, I laid my head on the steering wheel, closing my eyes. I didn't feel good. Just tired and run down. I grabbed my apron and drug myself inside, getting ready for breakfast. Not many came in thank God, just a few of my elderly retired members. At lunch, I just went and laid down across my seat in my truck, passing out instantly.

2 hours later and my alarm went off, signifying my lunch was over and walked back inside the bar. I walked into the kitchen and refilled my yeti tumbler with some cold water and taking a few excedrin for my migraine. I set my cup on the corner of the back bar and greeted my first customer for dinner service.

"Hey guys. Welcome back. What can I -sneeze- get you. Excuse me." I said with a stuffy sounding voice.

"Just a beer and a double shot of Jim bean. It was a really bad night." The man said. I recognized him as one of the higher ups I'd Met on my first day.

"What do you mean? What happened?" I asked urgently. Maybe that's why Jonah hadn't come home.

"It's none of your business girl. You're just the waitress. Until you're a patched members Mate, it's none of your concern." He growled out, slamming a fist on the table. Taken aback, I dropped his order at the bar and got some water, soothing my sore throat.

I fixed my bun and and pushed up my glasses before taking the man his order and moving to my text table. It was generally a normal evening, besides the higher members that came in. They were all just angry. Even some of the other members that I'd be come friends with were hateful and rude. I just kept my mouth shut, not asking questions... I guess if Jonah hadn't told anyone he'd claimed me as his, then he must not be proud of me. I mean... after learning my story and then that encounter with Matthew, I wouldn't want me either. It's probably why he didn't come home last night and still hasn't spoke to me. The thought physically hurt my heart and made me want to vomit.

By 10:30, Jake was trying to send me home but I needed the money desperately. I was closing up my last customer when the door opened again. I rolled my eyes, feeling weaker than when the day started. I looked up and there he was. Jonah stood in the doorway, dressed in his signature jeans and black tshirt and cut. The tattoos just accentuating his muscles, making me really want to run and jump into his arm and kiss him. His hair was flipped to the side and and wet from the rain that had started the past hour.

    "Come here Lily." He said with a low growl and started towards me. I backed away, avoiding his gaze. I didn't want to deal with him right now. "Lily. I said come here."

    "Jake, im gonna go home. I'll see you in the morning". I said with a cough that just made my head rattle in pain. He just nodded, eyeing Jonah wearily. He was scared of him: out of nervousness or respect, I don't know. I pushed past Jonah and got in my truck, driving the short distance home.

     When I got there, I just went inside, locking the door behind me and changed back into my leggings and long sleeves. I was freezing but also sweating and hot. I felt like throwing up but the coughing made me hurt worse. I laid on the bed and hugged my pillow as the sweat made little droplette on my pillow. I took some more tylonal and laid back down. I dropped my head down.... I forgot my yeti at the bar. That's my favourite cup.

    A loud crash jolted me back awake and I sat up quickly, grabbing the .9mm from my side table. I peaked around my door, only to find nothing but my front door busted off the hinges and a furious looking Jonah standing there. He was breathing heavy, now soaked from the storm raging outside. I backed away in fear as he stalked towards me, slamming my bedroom door open. In the glow of my lamp beside the bed, I could see his black eyes: the Hellhound was here. He towered over me like a hungry wolf does a lamb. I whimpered in fear and held my hands up. The hellhound grabbed my arms, forcing me to look up at him. He growled lowly before picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder and walking out into the rain, carrying me towards the meeting building.

Upon entering the building, he slammed open the room door to reveal all the higher members like before. He sat down in his chair, me on his lap, and growled loudly, earning the attention of everyone in the room.

"She's MY mate and you all will respect that or I will kill each and everyone of you. Y'all had me out there for TWO  DAYS away from mate!" The Hellhound slammed his fist against the table, leaving a crack in the hard wood. "TELL HER. Tell her why I was gone from her."

"JONAH! I suggest you realize who you are speaking to before I make you." Alpha growled in anger. "She is not a patched member of this club. Therefore, she does not need to know. "

"She's my MATE. Tell her now or I swear to God I will slaughter everyone in this-"

"HELLHOUND STOP IT." I screamed with what little voice I had left. Between already feel like death, and then being carried through the freezing rain, I was barely awake. Jonah stopped in his rant and jerked his head towards me. I could tell the Hellhound was still in control, so I tread my ground very lightly. "It's not their fault... you left and didn't even text me to tell me you were alive. Jonah.... Jonah I don't feel good...." I whispered as I started to pass out. My head was pounding and I hurt all over. I swear to God if I've got the Rona...

The last thing I remember from that day was Jonah picking me up and running back home. That's all I can remember.

————————————
Another chapter for my sick best friend fairy1775