Chapter 19

Within the next week, I had physical therapy and psychotherapy. I had regained most of my strength and the cuts had turned mostly to light pink scars that littered my body. By the next week, they were finally releasing me to go home.

"Hey Jonah, can you put this packet in the saddle bag? It's my release papers." I asked, pulling on my helmet. Jonah had offered to send one of the men back home to get a truck but I'd insisted on going on the bike.

    "If you're gonna ride, you'll need this."  He said handing me a bag. Inside lay my leather vest he had given me on that fateful day. I pulled it on quickly, smiling up at him. He just smiled down proudly at me.

"Looks good one you.... my name I mean. " he said with a smile, kissing my head softly. Oh, how i missed him. I couldn't imagine life without him at this point.

"Hellhound? Or Hawk?" I teased. I knew he meant Hellhound, but the serious look on his face made me think twice. Surely, he didn't want to marry me. Especially with this massive scar across my face. Matthew had near mutilated me, ensuring no one would want me long term.

The ride how was smooth and quiet. Not much was said between us except to inform the other they needed to use the restroom. The four hour ride seemed never ending, but was enjoyable. When we finally arrived home, it was late in the afternoon. Jonah and I retired to the cabin, snuggling on the bed before i fell asleep in his arms. I awoke late during the night to find Jonah on his phone, searching the internet furiously. I rolled over, laying my head on his chest and he clicked off of whatever he was on real quick.

"Whatcha doin handsome"? I asked softly.

"Nothing. Go back to sleep. You need to rest anyway. Goodnight Lily." He rolled over to face the wall, my heart crumbling instantly. Had I upset him when I'd joked about the name thing? I mean...yeah I'd marry him in a heartbeat. But I wasn't going to beg or pressure him into staying with me. And that's how he was the next few weeks, just cold, distant.

I had returned to work the next week, earning pity looks from several members regarding my scarred face. Jonah hadn't been to the bar since. It hurt my heart, but he had his own life.

Then out of the blue, he shows up on a Friday and asks for a date. A date: of course I said yes. So that Saturday evening, I dressed in a cute forest green summer dress and a grey knit cardigan. I did my makeup pretty natural and curled my hair on the ends In pretty spirals. Jonah had been at the Alphas and came by the house to pick me up in his truck. He of course, checked me over before approving and kissed my head. I couldn't help but lean into his touch. My heart was cracked, and on the verge of shattering.

He drove us over to a place called High knob; a big tower that overlooked 4 states. It was beautiful! We stood looking out as the sun began to go down, casting a glow of reds and oranges across the land. I turned to say something, but didn't see him at first. Till...

There he was. Down on one knee. A small box held open with a small dainty opal ring surrounded by tiny diamonds on a silver band. I couldn't say anything. My mouth was gasped at the sight of this behemoth of a man, this Hellhound of Death, asking to marry me. All that came out of my mouth was a very soft "yes....". I was shocked that he even wanted me after all that had happened.

Jonah didn't say anything but scooped me up bridal style, slamming his lips against mine, the passion and love was obvious. I almost didn't hear him, but in that gruff voice, he mumbled out an "I love you", to which I returned immediately.

The next day, Jonah had called a full Pack meeting, announcing to everyone that we were engaged finally. The whooping and hollaring was deafening: the cries of the whores from the bar made me laugh, for they honestly thought they had a chance with my man. We had decided to save ourselves for our wedding night, figuring we'd waited this long, what's another few months. I called Sarah and informed her, asking her to be my maid of honor, as she was really my only friend. She agreed and drove up on the wedding day 6 months later to help me decorate the night before.

We'd decided on a navy blue and back, with light grey accents. Jonah of course wore his vest as well The Alpha as his best man. We'd finally found someone to marry us, having to bribe a local preacher to do the job.

We'd been asked if we were going to have children, to which Jonah told them I couldn't have them. I knew he'd wanted a son more than anything, but we'd spoke about adopting in the future. Jonah was open to the idea, while I still had some reservations about it.   On one hand, we'd give a child a loving home, but on the other, they wouldn't have any of our traits, or even look like us. It was a tough decision.

    When the wedding day came, I donned my white lace gown, tiny beaded detailed throughout the bodice. My long hair was French braided with tiny pearls stuck into the parts. I'd done a neutral toned Smokey eye with a red lipstick, and of course waterproof mascara. I'd be boohoo-ing like a baby by the end of the night. I couldn't believe I was marrying my best friend.

    When I reached the end of the aisle, Jonah was there in black jeans, a white button up shirt and his cut, his Mohawk flipped to one side and his beard had been trimmed so it looked neat. By the end of the service, everyone were all crying and cheering as we had our first kiss as husband and wife.

    During the reception, we danced our first song to "Best Friend: by Don Williams", and were lost in each other's presence. Sarah had met one of our men, Chase and was sitting in a corner having a great conversation as they held hands. He'd better be good to her, or the Hellhound would have to kill him for me.

    At the end, I was exhausted. It had been such a long day. We said goodbye to everyone and got in the truck and headed home to the cabin.

      Except we didn't go home....

     Jonah made a sharp turn down a long dirt road instead of toward the cabin. I turned to him confused, but he kept a straight poker face the whole ride. 10minutes later, we pulled up to a small White House with a big porch and rocking chairs. He opened his door and came around to open mine.

"So what ya think." He said, arms crossed as he leaned back against the front of the truck, studying me.

"I mean I love it! It's the perfect little home, and it's absolutely beautiful, Jonah. Who lives here? Do you know them?" I asked. It was true, it was perfect.

"Yep and so do you." He said with a cheeky smile as he handed me a key,on a keychain reading "our first home". I looked up in shock, tears falling quickly. This is what he'd been doing all those weeks. I love him so much.

———————
ONE MORE CHAPTER YALLL🥰🥰