Starlit Night

Midoriya's POV-

The days that followed my realization were awkward ones. Whenever I'd see Jirou, I'd start blushing like crazy, and would have a difficult time talking to her without stuttering. It didn't help that I had been trying to avoid her during the week too.

On one hand, I wanted to talk to her, spend time with her and get to know her better, but on the other hand I felt like I wouldn't be good enough for her, and that I couldn't make her happy if I did tell her how I felt about her.

It was a dilemma that was tearing me apart from the inside, and I wasn't sure how to resolve it.

It was Wednesday evening, and classes and training were finally over for the day, meaning I could head back to my room and relax for the rest of the day.

Though on my way back to my room, I came across the person I wanted to see the most, and the least. Jirou was heading down the hallway in the direction I was coming from, which gave me no chance to avoid her.

I could already feel my face heating up as her eye's locked onto mine, and a small smile made its way onto her face.

"Hey there Midoriya." She said to me, as she stopped infront of me.

Just those simple words set my nerves on end, and any attempt to respond to her without stuttering was lost. "H-Hey J-J-Jirou, h-how's it g-going?" I stuttered out to her.

Jirou looked a little taken aback by how bad I was stuttering. "I'm doing good, thanks for asking Midoriya. Are you doing alright man?" She asked me, as she squinted her eyes slightly, as she studied me.

I quickly nodded to her. "Y-Yeah I-I'm f-fine. I-I just got a big assignment I n-need to f-finish for tomorrow. I-I'll talk to you l-later J-Jirou." I stuttered out to her, as I quickly walked past her and around the corner, before quickly making my way to my room.

I closed and locked the door once I was inside my room, before sliding down to the ground infront of my door. "Why the hell do I have to act like that around her...god she probably hates me now." I said with an annoyed groan.

"Though it's not like that would be out of the ordinary, god knows I hate myself with a burning passion." I muttered to myself, as I could feel a pit slowly growing in my stomach.

I sat there infront of the door for a few minutes, before getting up and heading over to my desk. "Might as well start doing my homework." I muttered to myself, as I laid my notebooks on the desk, and got my assignments out.

By the time I had finished my homework, a few hours had gone by, and it was now dark outside. I slowly closed the notebook that was sitting infront of me, before stretching and looking around my room for a few moments. It only took me those few moments to come to a decision.

"I'm gonna get out of here and play my guitar a bit." I muttered to myself, hoping that it would help me feel better.

I waited a couple hours to make sure that everyone in the dorm was asleep, before digging out my guitar case from under my bed and strapping it to my back. I slowly and carefully made my way down to the first floor of the dorm.

I was quietly creeping across the main lobby to the front doors of the dorm, when I heard a little cough from behind. I quickly turned around to see who it was, and found Jirou leaning over the kitchen counter and looking at me, a cup in hand as she stared at me.

"So Midoriya, where are you off to this late at night?" She asked me, with a bit of mirth in her voice as she spoke.

'Ah crap' I thought to myself as I stood there like a deer in the headlights.