Figuring it out as we go

Midoriya's POV-

The moon had only just started descending in the night sky as Jirou and I made our way back to the dorms. The gentle breeze caused the leaves on the trees to rustle as the two of us silently continued down the path.

Neither of us had uttered a single word to one another since we had started walking, opting to just listen to the wind and the sounds around us as we walked. Though it wasn't because the two of us didn't have anything to say to one another.

'God I don't know what to say, I can barely look at her without blushing.' I thought to myself as we continued down the path that led back to the dorms.

Every time I glanced over at her I'd feel my face quickly heating up, forcing me to look away again. Though this time I couldn't help but stare at her for a few moments.

Her face was illuminated by the moonlight, while her dark purple hair seemed to shimmer as she pushed a strand of hair out of her face. It didn't take long for her to notice that I was staring at her, and once she did her face began to slowly redden as well.

"W-What is it? Is there something on my face?" She asked in a bashful tone, while she reached up and started twirling her ear jack around her finger.

It took me a moment to respond to her question as my brain struggled to find the words. "N-No, I-I was just thinking that you...looked...r-really good in the moonlight." I stammered out. My face heating up more and more with each word I managed to get out.

Jirou stared at me for a few moments as her face reddened even more than it alread was. "T-Thanks M-Midoriya, that m-means a lot." She responded with an embarrassed smile, before quickly looking away.

 A small smile spread on my lips as the blush on my face deepened even more. "Y-You're W-Welcome." I said, while we continued down the path to the dorms.

A couple minutes had passed before I decided to speak up again. "S-So, have you actually done anything like this before? I-I mean like be in a r-r-relationship before." I asked her, before quietly muttering to myself. "God I'm gonna have to get used to that word."

Jirou let out a small chuckle as she looked up at the night sky while we walked. "No, I can't say I really have. No one's ever been interested in me in that way before, and as you know I've been dealing with some stuff since the training camp incident." Jirou responded.

I found my gaze following hers as I looked up at the night sky as well. "So neither of us have any relationship experience?" I asked with a curious tone as my gaze drifted back to Jirou.

Jirou's eye's drifted back to me after a few moments as she nodded. "It would seem that way...so how are you supposed to act in a relationship anyways?" She asked me.

After a few moments of thinking, I shrugged my shoulders. "Honestly, I'm not sure myself. I guess we just have to figure things out as we go, right?" I responded to her.

A smile spread across Jirou's lips as she looked at me and nodded. "I think that's the best we can really do right now, right?" She responded. "Should be interesting considering this is a first for both of us." She continued.

I let out a small chuckle and nodded. "It really should." I replied.

I was about to ask her something else as the dorms finally came into view, but the words died in my throat as I came to a halt. I blinked a few times to make sure I wasn't seeing things, but the figure standing infront of the dorm entrance didn't disappear at all.

My stomach sank as I realized who was standing there infront of the dorm entrance. It was Mr. Aizawa, capture scarf and all.

'Crap, I forgot he would be the one doing rounds tonight. Did we leave any trace of us leaving the dorm?' I thought to myself as I quickly knelt down behind the line of bushes that seperated us from the clearing.