ᴛʜᴏᴍᴀꜱ

From the playlist:

-I fought the law by The Clash

-Teen Idle by Marina (and the diamonds)

Pixie steps out of the front door to the house she now shared only with her father. He wasn't there when she woke up. No, he was already in the pub drowning away his tears in a gallon of beer and other opiates he dearly loved. He wasn't an old man, not at all. In fact, Pixie believed he could still find another love if he were to try. He was still in love with mom, it was obvious. But she left them. She didn't want them. And from then he was deadly lost.

Now with Nial gone too, his whole life crumbled, and all he was left was her; she knew it. Yet she couldn't help hating the thought of being alone with him, being all he has got and him being everything she has in life. Only him.

The rubbish was dreadfully heavy as she carried it to the bin outside of her place. With one eye she scanned the house of the Stonems. It looked peaceful. By the window stood Jim, working on something that seemed quite important and she thought she had seen a silhouette of Anthea by the window in their bedroom. She looked somewhat concerned. There was no shouting, no dads spread on the sofa for they were black-out drunk, and there were no runaway brothers and mothers who abandoned their families. It looked perfect.

Going to the place I always called mine. Don't look for me.

M.S.

She read on the cutout paper Nial left for her to find. She had those words scarred in her memory like a virus she couldn't get rid of. Yet, she spent her time re-reading it all over again, anytime she would get the chance. It erupted a waterfall of emotions in her but it was always the anger that would win the battle. A few tears that were placed upon the edge of her eyes, ready to fall down her fresh make-up, and turn her beautiful face into a crying mess were stopped as she breathed in the air. "Fuck you, mom. " She whispered chugging the paper in her pocket as she heard someone coming out of the house next to her.

"Oh, Whizzer! Look, Effie, it's Pixie! "A smiley blonde girl nudged her friend who was already smoking a cigarette. She didn't even flinch as she turned towards Pixie who desperately tried to fight back her tears. „Effy and I were just about to go out"

"Oh, Whizzer! Look Effy, it's Pixie!" she said taking a hold of herself.

The girl jumped from excitement as she kept on talking and babbling, clearly the only one interested in engaging in a conversation. "We are going to pick up" she exclaimed already going somewhere else with her story.

"Pick up? "

"Yes! Effy what are we picking up? "She turned to her friend who casually smoked a cigarette perfectly keeping her distance from the dialog. "Drugs, "she said, her voice monotone.

"Right, drugs! " Pandora was full of energy "Do you want to go with us? "

"She doesn't do drugs, "Effy said never once looking at her while talking "you're a good girl aren't you?" She said finally taking a grasp of her lingering eyes.

Effy was somewhat right, Pixie thought. She didn't do drugs, she didn't really need them. She did try them a couple of times at the parties and decided she wasn't a fan of MDMA. But spliff? God, she loved spliff. Already shaken by thinking about Nial and mom, she was erupting a mess of emotions as Effy kept staring at her waiting for a response. But, Pixie knew one thing and that was to always keep a stern face. A smirk lit up on her lips traveling smoothly to Effy.

"You would be surprised. " Effy didn't seem to care at all. She was untouched, unbothered by her answer, and just proceeded to smoke her cigarette, walking out in front of the two girls, indicating them to follow her.