[Chapter 3]

PS: Not edited

The week went by quickly with nothing important happening. After receiving that threatening text message which I'm convinced was sent by Seth, I've been on the lookout, but nothing has actually happened. If he really wanted to do anything he would have done it since Monday but today is Friday and nothing has happened and so far I haven't heard a single rumor about what happened that night, knowing Seth he might have threatened whosoever witnessed it to keep shut, he wouldn't want the news of how 'a girl who isn't popular challenged him', circulating the whole school.

The bell rings, signaling the end of classes for the day. I quickly get out of my seat and move to the front where Ellie sits so we can go to the dorm together. "You ready? " I ask her

"Yeah, but I have to go to the library, so I think you should go ahead. I'll see you later"

"Ok, see ya later." I say to her and head out of the class.

On my way to the dorm I meet Samantha and Karen also heading to their dorm, which is different from mine and we walk and chat as we make our way to the dorm area.

We get to the place where we part ways and as we do that when Samantha suddenly turns around and shouts my name causing me to turn around

"Are you in for some girl time? You know snacks and gossip?" she asks

"Yeah I'm in, I will just drop these off at my room", I gesture to my backpack and the little book I'm holding "and probably change into a more comfortable clothing".

"Alright, see ya in a jiffy". She waves, turns around to head to her dorm building and I do the same.

I arrive at my room, unlock the door and get inside, letting the door close after me. I drop off all I need to drop off, change into sweatpants, and pull off my shoes and socks, jump on my bed and begin to scroll through social media.

I do that for a while and decide it's time to head to Samantha's dorm, so I swipe my keys off the bedside drawer and begin to walk towards the door with my eyes still on my phone watching a tik tok video when an envelope by the door suddenly catches my eyes.

I pause the video I am watching and pick up the envelope which was slid under the door by someone; I turn it around to see my name and the school stamp on it. I look at it for a moment trying to come up with possible reasons for why the school would address a letter to me.

Panic sets through me the moment I remember you only get a school letter when you are summoned by the school authority. 'I didn't do anything wrong, did I?' I ask myself aloud, my thoughts drift back to the time I faked illness to skip gym, but that was junior year I don't think they would have ever found out because I was smooth and if they ever did that could not possibly be the reason why I'm getting this letter right?

After wasting much time panicking and trying to think of a reason why the letter is addressed to me, I decide to open it. I open it with my eyes closed not really wanting to see what's written in it. "3...., I count down bracing myself for the reveal of the content of the letter. "2...1 I count, open my eyes and begin to read the letter.

"What the hell" I exclaim after reading its content

Dear Pierson Adams

This is to inform you that you have been nominated by the student body for the position of the student social president and you will be interviewed by the school authority to know if you are capable of handling this position.

Time: 3:00

Date: Friday 7th of September

Venue: the board meeting room.

I stare at the letter confused; you can only be nominated if you run for the election and I cannot remember running for that. 'This must be a prank'; I try to convince myself, so I take the letter with me and head to Samantha's dorm room.

I arrive at Samantha's and Karen's room. Luckily both of them were put together in the same room unlike me, piper, and flora that were paired with somebody not in our friend group. I open the door knowing it wouldn't be locked because they are expecting me, flora and Piper for a girl time, and meet them all talking.

They all turn to look at me the moment I walk inside

"Hey" flora greets

"Finally!" Piper exclaims. "What took you so long?"

"And why does your face look like that" Karen observes, referring to the frown etched on my face

"This", I toss the letter to the nearest person before making myself comfortable on the blanket on the floor.

"Oh my God!" Samantha squeals, "You got nominated". She sounds excited

"Let me see" flora says and snatches the letter from Sam while the others hover above her to be able to see what's written in it.

"Yeah", I reply casually

She frowns at me "is that why you wore a long face when you walked in?"

"Yeah", I reply in a strained voice, not being able to understand what is happening

"It's just, just......", I stutter trying to find the right word to describe what's going on and how I feel about this situation.

"I don't even know if it is a prank because if this isn't a prank then how did it happen; I did not run for the election because I knew Penelope was going for that position and she was the only person who ran for the election". I rant and let out an exasperated sigh at the end because everything seems confusing.

"It's confusing for me too but I don't think it's a prank because on my way here, I heard Penelope's friends talking about an interview happening this afternoon", piper says

Karen picks up her phone from the floor beside her "the interview is by 3:30 today right?"

I reply her with a non committed yeah

She sets her phone back on the floor "the time is 3:00, so you have just 30 minutes to change into a reasonable outfit and get ready for the interview.

"I'm not going". I decide

"Why", "what", they chorus at the same time

"That's because I did not sign up for this". I shrug and reach out to take a candy from the candy bowl on the floor

"So my efforts are just going to go down the drain", Sam mutters but I hear her

"What efforts are going down the drain", I ask her as I try to open my candy pack

She looks at me surprised I heard her, then turns and exchanges a knowing look with Karen.

"Tell her", Karen encourages

I narrow my eyes at both of them in suspicion "tell me what" I ask clearly ignorant of whatever they know

"Alright", she hesitates. I stop struggling with opening my candy and stare at her puzzled "you did what?"

I stop struggling with opening my candy and stare at her puzzled "you did what?" 

Do your best friends just ever pull stunts like this on you if so comment what they have done i'd love to read them

Thank you for choosing this book, hope you enjoyed this chapter

what's your favorite movie at the moment?