[CHAPTER 8]

Yesterday kind of went by in a blur. I spent most of my time in bed and I also attempted to do my homework, the keyword 'attempted' because I could not just concentrate for some unknown reason to me.

In the evening hours, I went to Piper's room to hang out with her and I met Debbie there. She and Joanna came back to school yesterday.

I should have stayed in my room because while I was there, they found out about my secret crush on a particular someone. This is how they found out.

We all sat down on the floor snacking and telling stories when Debbie brought out the nail polish from Piper's closet and started painting her nails. I picked out the nude nail polish and asked Debbie to help paint mine once her nails were dry, and she agreed.

Once hers were dry, she started doing my hands, and she offered to do my toenails, which I gladly accepted. I stretched my legs for her to do her work and the big T-shirt I was wearing, which was almost knee-length, rode up a little.

"What's that on your thigh", Debbie observes.

I glanced at my thighs to see what she was referring to and immediately I pull my shirt down to cover it.

"did you get a tattoo," she asks and moves forward to raise my shirt up but I smack her hand away

Piper looks up from her phone where she was checking for nail designs and asks "who got a tattoo?"

"Pierson", Debbie replies.

"I did not get a tattoo", I argue

"then show us what you are hiding", she retorts

I sigh in defeat, "fine", I raise my shirt up

Debbie comes closer to take a close look. "TY", she reads out loud.

"What is TY" Piper inquires.

"Nobody", I say way too quickly and realize my mistake. I just let them know it's about somebody and they will not drop this till they find out who it is.

"oh it's somebody," Debbie teases and wiggles her eyebrows.

"It's nobody" I argue

"then why are you getting worked up", piper questions and raises her brows

"I'm not".

"you are". she counters

"I think I know who this TY is," Debbie interrupts our back-and-forth banter.

"Who?" piper and I asked simultaneously

Piper gives me a look. "I thought you just said it's nobody. "

"uhhhm......., wellll" I drag my words and rub the back of my neck in embarrassment.

"Is there any chance that 'TY' is Tyler in my physics class?" Debbie smirks and narrows her eyes at me.

I groan and cover my face with my hands because I have been caught. I have had a tiny crush on TY since junior year.

earlier today when I was trying to do my homework, I sat at my desk in front of the window where I could see anyone passing by or going to the dining. I saw him pass by and all concentration in me flew out of the window, so I unconsciously doodled his initials on my thighs.

"is something going on between both of you?" piper asks

I snort and mumble "NO".

"awwww" Debbie says and moves to pinch my cheeks and I move out of her reach.

They both tease me for some time and we continue painting our nails.

It's currently Sunday afternoon and I'm on my bed scrolling through Facebook. I got up early today and did most of my homework, which I could not complete yesterday because of my laziness, while Ellie ‌is sleeping peacefully.