FIFTEEN

Your P.O.V.

After getting ready for today, I went down stairs to prepare breakfast for everyone seeing as though all of them are still asleep.

I grabbed the frying pan and some ingredients from the fridge and the pantry to make Penelope's favorite food: Smiley Face Pancakes!

"She's definitely going to like this for her birthday breakfast," I thought as I whipped up her plate, also going to do the adult plates too.

Humming a little tune, my senses picked up footsteps from the hallway, "Someone is up early," I heard my mother say as she walked in the kitchen.

I chuckled as she gave me a kiss on the cheek, "I am mom. Please have a seat while I finish the food."

She nodded and sat down at the dinner table, pulling out a newspaper from God knows where. News is just fabricated bullshit anyway.

We were met for silence for a few minutes until she started talking, "You know," My mom began to say as she turned the page, "After all these years with that letter from your father in my possession, I was intrigued to see what he wrote to you."

Placing the done pancakes on the plate, I answered, "You're saying you never looked at that thing?"

My mom shook her head, "Nope," She said, holding the 'p' sound, "But knowing your father, he would have liked it if you saw it first."

I let out a sigh as some unwanted memories started to surface. This is not how I imagined my morning to start out as but fuck it.

I placed my mom's breakfast in front of her as we heard footsteps coming from upstairs. "I know exactly who it is," She stated with a soft laugh.

The first voice I heard was my niece's, "Uncle Y/N!" She exclaimed as she ran up to me, arms wide open.

I caught her in my arms and lifted her up, "How are you princess?" I answered. Penelope giggled and poked my cheek.

"I'm good uncle," She replied cutely then her smile turned into a frown, "But why weren't you there when I woke up? I wanted to see you." Her tiny voice was laced with hurt that I wasn't there for her.

I let out a soft chuckle as I showed her her favorite pancakes and that earned me a loud squeal from the little girl in my arms, "You would have seen me this morning but I made these for you," I stated as I grabbed her plate, sitting her in her seat and putting the food in front of her, "Happy birthday Penelope!!" I exclaimed happily.

The little girl gave me a big hug, smiling from ear to ear, "Thank you Uncle Y/N!! I love you!"

"I love you too Penelope."

"Are you two done? I'd like to spend time with my daughter now," I heard my brother-in-law, Thomas, comment as he made his way to the table.

"Don't be jealous now that my son has all of Penelope's attention. You just need to try harder," My mom stated with a slight smirk as she ate her breakfast.

Thomas did a double take, "Hey!"

Kendra came just in time to help her husband, "Don't think on it too much honey," She mentioned as she placed a kiss on his cheek, "This is just your wake up call to spend more time with your daughter."

"I do!!"

That made all of us laugh, even Penelope but the laughter died down when Stephano came downstairs.

He greeted everyone except me. Of course. What else should I expect?

"Good morning to you too Stephano," I added, eating my set of pancakes.

He grumbled something under his breath. Most likely not wanting to say the wrong thing to get punched again.

Kendra picked up on the attitude at the table and tapped Stephano on his shoulder, "You and Y/N talked?"

I pushed a piece of pancake in my mouth to stop the laugh that wanted to come out. Now is he gonna tell the truth or deflect from it?

He looked at me and tried hard not to roll his eyes, "Yeah we talked. Just like old times." He stated calmly, trying not to give away his answer.

I chuckled as I placed both of my hands over Penelope's ears and looked at my younger brother, "Cut the bullshit bro. Tell her what happened."

He sighed agitated, "Okay fine. Y/N and I kinda got into a fight yesterday and he knocked me out."

My mother had a hand over her mouth to stifle her laugh, "Stephano, even I knew that was a bad idea but that's the consequence of your actions," My little brother was about to stop her but she put him on pause, "And I knew it was you who started it. You always a temper."

My brother sat back dejectedly in his seat while mumbling words under his breath.

"Yanno Stephano. I'm sorry about how I left all those years ago," He looked at me as I continued, "I had no control if I could say goodbye to you and Kendra. Best believe I wanted to but at that time I just couldn't. So, I understand how you feel now. Angry that your older brother left you and your sister without any goodbyes, no letter, no hug, no nothing. I apologize that I couldn't be there for you," Then I looked at a teary eyed Kendra, "And you too sis. But now I'm here to be with all of you again." I finished saying, hoping they feel the sincerity in my voice.

Both of my siblings were in tears at the table. Even my mother shed a few tears.

I soon felt a pat on my arm, "Why is mommy and uncle Stephano crying Uncle Y/N?" Penelope asked me, looking clearly confused.

I rubbed her head softly, "They're just happy to see me here Princess. That's all."

She nodded her small head and went back to eating her breakfast.

"I think its about time we have a sibling outing. I say tomorrow we go out and do something. Maybe catch up on lost history."

~

I deserve to get cursed the fuck out for leaving y'all for all this time HANGING like scarecrow😭

I'm such a LIAR but I'll be easy💀.

Vote and comment as usual🥴.