THREE

Early 2018

Your P.O.V.

Megan, her friends, her mom and Tony and I were currently in the studio watching Megan write and record a few songs for her EP, I heard her producer say.

I really don't listen to music like that but I liked the beat the producer was playing for Megan. I stopped listening for a while and walked out the room into the hallway.

I standing in the hallway for a while until I heard my phone vibrating in my pants. I checked my phone and it was my mother.

I answered it, "I heard you have a new job Y/N," she stated, "And you didn't even say anything to me."

"What do you want to know?" I asked, leaning with my forearm on the wall.

"Nothing. I just wanted to see if you're okay," she said, then there was a pause, "I just wished you would visit more. It's quiet here without you and your brothers."

"Okay."

She sighed, "Still the same Y/N I've birthed and raised. I love you."

"I love you too mom." I said before hanging up the phone.

I knew someone was watching me, "That doesn't seem like a healthy relationship between you and your mother." I heard the older lady say.

I turned around and it was Megan's Mom. She ushered me over to a seat over by her in the hallway. I sat beside her.

I listened as she spoke to me, "The relationship between you and your mother should be tight like a boat rope tied to a ship. From what I could hear, you don't check up on your mother often."

I shook my head and that caused her to sigh, "I'm going to let you in a secret," She stated, turning her voice into a whisper, "I haven't told Megan this yet and I don't intend for you to tell her either." I nodded my head and listened.

"I have cancer. Not breast cancer. It's brain cancer and it's the aggressive form. The doctor gave me a few months to live but I feel like I'll survive a little more than that."

"Why tell me this?" I asked.

"You look like you can take a secret to the grave boy. Plus, I need someone to be there for Megan physically and mentally and I don't know if those friends she have in there can do the job. I've seen the way you do your job. It's amazing to see even though you're just her security," She stated, laughing a bit, patting my shoulder, "Please just keep my Megan safe and away from bad company when I'm gone. This is my dying wish to you."

I pondered in it for a good while, "I'll try my best Ms. Thomas." I said to her.

"Remember to keep checking up on your mother because you don't know when it'll be your last time," she stated before standing up, "Megan is probably wondering where I am. It was nice talking to you Y/N." Then she went back inside the studio room.

I rubbed my hand on my chin. A secret like this can either break or make a family but it wasn't mind to tell. So, if Megan asks me anything about it, I'll just have to deny it.

I walked back in the studio and Megan was laughing up with her mother who was showing her some vocal tricks I assume.

I felt someone staring at me. I glanced to the side and it was Megan's best friend, Kelsey, looking at me.