14

[14]

'Our Favourite Professor Dumbledore'

It was before the crack of dawn, four thirteen-year-olds were in the middle of the forbidden forest. An odd place to be at an odd time.

"I swear if you—"

"Shush."

"Persephone, they're bully—"

"Shhhh."

The four teenagers walked closely together in the forest. Persephone was in front, dragging a whining Finn along whilst Adrian, Luis looked fascinated around in the forest.

Suddenly Adrian and Luis jumped back. Their eyes wide and mouths open. Finn let open his mouth to scream but before he could, Persephone put a hand over his mouth.

"Shhhh," Persephone whispered, staring into the darkness.

A silvery glow came from the darkness of the black leaves. Persephone crouched, advancing slowly, careful not to startle the creature.

"It's beautiful," Adrian watched in amazement, joining Persephone's side.

A unicorn appeared as it stroked its silver fur. The four watched in silence as the unicorn leaped away into the darkness. Adrian stood up to follow but was quickly stopped by Persephone. "You won't catch up."

Adrian didn't seem to be bothered. "That unicorn should be about four to seven years old since it was silver and only at around four years old their horn starts growing. If the unicorn was younger, it would be golden and if older, it wouldn't be white."

At the very crack of dawn, the four left the forest. Persephone managed to cast the disillusionment on them, to not get caught.

Sitting in the kitchen, they had some food.

"That was cool," Adrian said, swallowing the marshmallows on his hot chocolate before sipping onto the drink.

"Definitely was," Finn replied, a huge grin on his face

Eyeing the untouched marshmallows on Luis' cup, Adrian quickly leaned his head down and swallowed it whole before Luis could hide it away. Luis shook his head playfully while Adrian sent him an unapologetic grin.

"Honestly," Finn laughed. "You two are like children."

"Damn right we are, "Adrian replied without missing a beat. "And we're hella proud of it."

Luis sent Finn a smile.

"How about you two take Finn to the place?" Persephone suggested, raising her eyebrows.

"Sure!" Adrian said, suddenly standing up excited. "Come on, it's the best place in the world!"

Finn gulped. His eyes darted to Persephone immediately, who sent him an encouraging nodd. He looked to the floor before a small smile appeared on the side of his face.

"Come on!" Adrian said standing up, dragging Luis by the hand and waving for Finn to follow. Finn did finally stand up and cautiously run after them.

Persephone shook her head, a faint smile appearing on her face. Walking into the hallway, she caught the ray of dawn the slowly crept its way onto the cold marble floor.

It was time.

Persephone walked up the stairs, hesitating before the gargoyle. "Licorice wands."

As she stood before Dumbledore's office, she took a deep breath in a let a practiced smile appear on her face. He must have already suspected her, or why would he have summoned her to his office.