03

[3]

HOME?

Persephone stepped off the train with her group of friends following closely behind her even if she had made no sign to follow her.  Many students waved to her to say goodbye, some of those were familiar to her and some that she had never seen before. She replied to all of them the same way, a smile and a wave. 

The station was hatefully noisy, full of students plastered with such brilliant smile, ready to go home over the short Christmas break. She wishes she would have the same. Her luggage were all reduced to the little elegant green purse that she hanged on her left wrist, right beneath her thin silver bracelet that was embedded with small diamonds. Little makeup was present on her face as she didn't need it to cover her imperfections, it was only an act of politeness, makeup was a courtesy among the prestigious families.

She wore a long black sweater, hanging loosely off her left shoulder that reached her mid-thighs, a pair of black leggings and long heeled boot. Her hair sat elegantly on one shoulder, covered her dark green earrings which resembled the shape of a snake.

"23rd. Theo and I will be ready," Scarlett murmured quietly between the group of friends, careful to not let other students hear.

"Our second Horcrux. Good luck," Draco wished them. He wouldn't be able to join as his parents will definitely notice if he suddenly disappears.

Each of her friends gave her a hug or kiss for goodbye which she returned immediately before leaving. She waited for a while for her friends to have a chance to converse with their family before greeting them herself.

She first approached Daphne's parents who were all waiting for Daphne's younger sister, Astoria. Mrs Greengrass was a slim woman and had curly dark brown hair that was twisted in a fancy bun that in Persephone's opinion was 'totally and completely unnecessarily extravagant that makes Mrs Greengrass look like a posh stick with a pile of dun on top'.

"I offer my deepest condolences," her voice sounded very much sincere.

"Thank you, sweetheart. Daphne misses you very much but she has been swallowed with grief," Mrs Greengrass replied feigning concern to her eldest daughter, "I am sure you will see Daphne soon and I would be grateful if you would give her some comfort as her friend." Mr Greengrass immediately nodded with his wife.

"It will be my honour," Persephone replied with a tight smile. "Have a good day Ms Greengrass."

"Of course, run along dear."

Only families like the Greengrass would treat Persephone like that, disrespectfully, condescendingly. Other families knew better, she was his daughter and that she was not to be messed with.

Persephone walked off. Her hair, if she has her hair in that ugly bun again, I am just totally going to tell her how horrid it looks. And that nod, do they think they're a comedic duo? She headed to the direction where she last saw the Malfoy family to thank their invitation to the ball. She liked the Malfoy family much more than the Greengrass family, to say the least.

Mrs Malfoy was very fit, being skinny while also having obvious curves. Her long blonde hair that dropped to her waist and cold yet deep blue eyes made her look effortlessly aristocratic. Her high heels ankle boots and long black silk dress that clang tight to her body was in Persephone's opinion absolutely flawless. Mr Malfoy wore a long black dress robe that was forged from the most delicate velvet that contrasted most handsomely to his pale blonde hair and stormy grey eyes that Draco inherited.