10

[10]

TRAIN

The sun had just risen. Persephone checked through her belongings for the last time, making sure she hadn't forgotten anything essential. Using the extension charm, she managed to fit everything into her purse. Summoning the Wolfsbane she had brewed over the holiday, she sealed the cauldron with a swift movement of her wand and vanished it into her purse.

Apparating to Adrian Pucey's home to check on Aleksander for the last time, Persephone disappeared with a crack.

She stood right outside the cellar and looked into the bars.

The man was asleep. He looked so harmless and vulnerable that it hurt her to look at him. Because all she saw was a broken man driven by his love and desire to a dead woman. Persephone let out a small sigh. She couldn't understand why someone would go so far for a some messed up sense of love? Was love really that important?

She was still young, and there were things she was yet to understand. She was okay with that for the time being. If her mother was still alive, the man would be some sort of an uncle or godfather to her most probably. Now, after her mother's death, this wretched man is her prisoner. She almost wanted to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation, but she couldn't — not when it was her reality.

Then with one last look, she disappeared with a crack.

In a split second, she stood facing the Hogwarts train. The noises overwhelming her and the sea of people moved around her. She blinked a couple of times trying to figure out where exactly the entrance was but was blocked by the vast number of people swarming around her.

"Persephone!" Draco's voice alerted her. He came over to her, laughing slightly at her bewilderedness and grabbed onto her wrist. She gave him a small smile despite the hollowness   she felt. "Come on."

After all, who wasn't glad that the break was finally over?

"Mother, I'm leaving to Hogwarts today," Blaise shouted out across the hallway as he neatly packed the last of his clothes. His voice echoed in the grande hallway, hitting the expensive dark wood that was present in every inch of his home. He had an abundant amount of luggage, having five identical suitcases, black embroidered with small black gems in the corners. A spell was placed on them to not fall or break when the suitcase itself was handled. His handsome features formed a small wince when he dropped one of the suitcases on his toe. He let out a string of curses under his breath.

"Darling? You are leaving?" Mrs Zabini's melodically voice reached his ear, making him frown immediately. Her mother had probably spoken less than three sentences to him over the entirety of the holiday. Of course, she didn't know he was leaving. Eleni Zabini was famously beautiful, every feature on her face was delicate as if all was carved carefully by a knife. She held an elegance, mystery and fragility that draw the immediate attention of purebred upperclassmen immediately. Her enchanting charisma was undeniable. She wore a baggy sweater that hanged loosely on one shoulder, the other shoulder exposed. Her makeup was already done to perfection, accentuating every one of her features. Blaise himself has never seen his mother without her makeup, even if he did, he had no recollection. His mother would've taken that memory from him ages ago. Her mother was many things, an honest woman was not one of them.

Blaise scoffed a little, "Yes."

"Don't use that attitude with me, young man," Eleni chided, leaning against the side of the door, a smirk on her face. Despite her being in her mid-thirties, she looked a little over twenty. Every one of her movements was fluid and seducing. She had earned her rightful place as one of the most beautiful women to have ever existed. "I need to go see Richard now. I won't be able to see you off. You should be used to it. You're a big boy now."