~Chapter 9~

I couldn't.

I couldn't do it.

I couldn't flip the page.

I wanted answers, but something in my gut told me that I just...shouldn't. It was an odd feeling, a feeling of some sort of sadness and anger combined, mixed with worry as I was so close in discovering something that was far too unknown to me.

I kept thinking to myself, what would happen if I read the book about my kidnapper? What will I discover? Did I really want to know?

But then the real question came up; why did The Madman want me to read?

I thought reading about him would give me real answers to my continuous questions, however reading his book won't tell me why he wants me! Or why he kidnapped me! Or why he didn't kill me yet! I don't know why I even thought I would learn anything from his book; his life story. Yes, I thought it would come in handy because of my friends' brief summary, but would it really?

There's so many questions...but not enough answers.

About an hour or so passed by as I sat besides the large door and against the wall, hugging my knees as if they were going to fall off. I felt the back of eyes sting, but I kept reminding myself that crying isn't going to fix anything. It won't help. And it'll only make me weaker.

I concealed my scream as the door next to me swung open with no warning. The back of the door almost hit me, but it stopped close enough.

Feeling hot and nervous, I closed my eyes as I heard foot steps behind the door, knowing exactly who it was by the sound of their boots. If I just kept quiet, maybe he will leave.

"I know you're here!" The Madman boomed. "If you don't come out right now, you're going to regret it."

I wasn't going to give in so easily.

"Fine...." I gulped as his voice became lower. "I guess we'll just have to play a little game of hide and seek..."

Really?!

Panicking and without thinking, I sprang out of my hiding spot and ran out of the room, my feet taking me as far from him as possible.

The more I ran through the long hallways, the quieter his loud chuckles became. I had no idea where I was going, but I just didn't want to spend anymore of a second with him.

However, my feet instantly stopped as the metallic smell hit my nostrils.

Red, oozing, fresh liquid covered the rest of the hallway and walls, as if smeared around by hand. My brown eyes literally popped out of my head and I screamed; screamed as loud as I could.

Blood. Everywhere.

But...who's blood?

"Found you." His voice growled behind me. I spun around and my body was quickly met with the blood-stained walls as The Madman's large hands gripped my neck.

I panicked even more as I noticed his hands were warm and wet, covered with the matching red substance. His fingers stained my soft skin with crimson blood and I let out a hoarse shriek.

"This is just a scare, calm down..." He murmured in amusement.

"Please!" I screamed. I was practically gagging at the smell, look, and feeling.

The Madman only smirked widely and brought his other hand that was gripping my neck to my cheek, smearing more blood on me.

I held in my gasp as his lips neared my ear. "Oh, darling....I like the color red on you."

It was hard keeping in my tears. It was hard trying to fight against his force, but his was much powerful compared to mine.

I squeezed my eyes shut as hard as I can to prevent the streams flow down my face. My loud cries mixed with The Madman's psycho laughs, and our skin pressed against each other's mixed with warm blood.

Feeling nauseous from the amount of unknown blood, I felt my body feel less tense, yet my brain was still screaming at me to panic until I have an asthma attack. Surprisingly, I haven't had one, yet.

I remembered feeling his warm, wet grip loosen from my body, and my feet being practically dragged against the floor as he pulled me to the bedroom that I had woke up in.

Scratchy coughs left my throat and I finally realized I was sitting in a wooden chair, ropes tied tightly around my wrists behind me.

I moved my head up, and I lightly cringed at the feeling of the dry blood under my chin.

My red eyes found The Madman standing over me, a small smile stuck on my kidnapper's frightening yet attractive face.

"So," he started, his low voice getting louder by each word that rolled off his tongue. "Now that that's over, why don't we get to know each other?"

~

Well this chapter was fun to write....!

A-FREAKIN-GAIN.

I thought I was going to update on Tuesday but I had hw ugh, sorry 'bout that.

But I'm sorry if my Wednesday update didn't show up on your phone or laptop ): for some reason my Wattpad DELETED Chapter 9 and I thought it published!!

Thank you readers for the 501 reads! You took the time to sit down (or stand up idk lol) and read my book! It literally means the world to me!

Day