~Chapter 16~

{Selena's POV}

It was impossible to fall asleep.

The bed was comfortable, as well as the clothes Liam had generously lent me for my unwilling stay here. But this wasn't my bed. These weren't my clothes. And this wasn't my home.

I quickly wiped away a lone tear that fell down my cheek and sat up, moving the thick sheets from my body. "I can't sleep..." I mumbled.

"Then don't."

My head snapped up in the darkness of the bedroom. The light suddenly flickered on, and Harry stood before me, his body leaning against the wall across from me. His expression looked almost bored as he crossed his arms over his chest, one long curl hanging over his forehead.

I didn't say anything as I stared at him. The more I look at this guy, the more normal and handsome he seemed to look. He was dressed in a simple white t-shirt, along with black jeans and black boots. Too bad his looks were wasted on someone like him.

"Oh? Nothing to say now? That lovely mouth of yours seemed to have much to say earlier today. What changed?"

"Nothing." I frowned. "I just...I don't have anything to say to you."

Harry raised an eyebrow and slowly pushed himself off the wall, and to my distaste, sat down at the edge of my bed. "Don't lie. It's unattractive."

"Well I'm not trying to be attractive for you anyway." I spat.

The man before me smirked. "You're right. You don't even have to try. Just the sight of you makes my blood run with desire."

I clenched my jaw at his words. What the hell is wrong with him? Is he teasing me? I don't like this feeling in my stomach. I'm not disgusted, and I should be. I feel...flattered almost.

"You're blushing." Harry said amused, eyeing me. "You're flattered."

"Flattered by someone who kidnapped me, threatened to kill my family, and is using me to kill another man? Yup, I'm swooning." I rolled my eyes.

I then looked down in my lap. Why am I talking so normally? I should be trembling, begging for me to let me go. But, I'm not that hopeless. Am I?

Harry let out a quick laugh. "Finally, I get to see more of the real you, why I chose you. You're not annoying. And you're mine."

My face fell. His?

"I'm not yours!" I quickly got out of the bed, backing away from him. The sensation of fear ran down my spine. What's he's saying is beyond creepy, and doesn't make sense. I only have one purpose here. I'm not staying here with him, so what does he mean?

He cocked his head. "What makes you think that?"

I was quick to respond. "I'm only here for one thing and one thing only, to kill this Zayn guy! So why do you keep saying I belong to you?! Does that mean that you're going to keep me here?!"

I can't believe I'm screaming at him like this. I'm acting as if he won't kill me in just a matter of seconds. I can't help it, though. This isn't fair. None of this is fair. I'm obliging to his demand of wanting me to kill someone, but that's it. I'm going back home after I do what he wants. He can't stop me...and even if he tries, he won't succeed. I will find a way back home, I already promised myself this.

Looking at Harry through my watery eyes, his expression was hard to decipher. He was staring at me, reading me. He was pissed, I can see that much, but there was something in his eyes that made me think he knew something that I didn't.

"Please..." I shook my head, talking to him in a more calmer tone. "I will do everything you ask me to. Everything and anything. But you can't keep me here."

"The way you're talking to me," he deeply said. "You're saying you promise to do anything. But the way you're taking to me now is as if you're doing it all for your sake of getting back home." Harry stood up, walking over to me and gripped my wrist to bring me forward. "As if you're not doing this for me!"

"Why would I?!" I shrieked, struggling to get out if his grasp.

Before I knew it, I was thrown to the ground. Harry bent down, fisting the collar of my now tear-stained shirt. "Don't ever question me about where you stand. Don't ever question me on whether or not you belong to me, because you do. Bring this up again, and I swear, I will—"

His threat was stopped as thunder was heard from outside. My fearful breathing continued as Harry remained silent, his eyes widening at the weather. Why did he stop? Not that I'm complaining; I'm scared as hell. But it's only thunder...

"Fuck," Harry cursed, loosening his grip on me and wrapping his arms around my body, my head on his chest and his hands holding me...protectively?

"Wh-what's going on—"

Before I could finish, the glass windows in the bedroom shattered around and on us, and a strike of lightning targeted our room, lighting everything on fire.

~

Well well well

I wonder who that could be ;)

Day