27: Crossing a Bridge

As Ashley is walking through Creek's Crossing, following Sir Gabriel who is ensuring that the Maiden's path is clear, she can see all the looks and stares that the townsfolk are giving her as she is walking. The maiden knows that she is quite an unusual sight, mostly because of her size, and she can't blame anyone for staring at her. And if they aren't looking up at her, they are watching her feet, making sure that they are nowhere near the woman's enormous extremities. The maiden can be heard saying, "Sorry," or "Excuse me," when she witnesses someone needing to move to avoid being bumped into. She can imagine how much force can be behind her movements, even when they are slow and careful.

     Ashley's eyes light up when she can see the shopping district ahead, the road she is on leading directly to it. Her first urge is to rush towards it, eager to see everything the town has to offer. But she knows that she can't do that. If she was the same size as everyone else, a normal size, she could just rush through the townsfolk to arrive at her destination. But she isn't a normal size. She is at least ten times bigger than everyone around her, and the damage she can cause from reckless behavior can be just as bad. The giantess continues to follow her knight as he continues to ensure that there is an open path for her to walk.

     While watching Sir Gabriel, Ashley's mind begins to wander, fantasize to be more accurate. She would love nothing more than to scoop up her knight and hold him close in her sweet embrace. Though doing so while he is wearing his armor would not be ideal. Not only is hugging the metal-encased knight not that comfortable for her, but it will also prevent him from feeling her sweet embrace. For now, she just has to be patient, waiting until they both lay down for the night when Sir Gabriel removes his armor. Then she can hold and hug him, showing him the affection that she has for him. Affection that he is always more than happy to receive.

      Her excitement distracts her as she sets foot in the business district. All she can see are shops and stalls, each one looking as though they offer unique products or services; townsfolk walking from one business to another, going about their daily lives.  The one thing that really catches the maiden's attention is how the area opens up. Ashley is no longer forces to walk between two rows of buildings. Ashley can't help but smile, never before would she have thought that she would be standing in such a place.

       Sir Gabriel turns to face Ashley, craning his neck so that he can see the look of wonder the giantess has on her face, he can tell just how excited she is to be here. A smile spreads across his face, knowing how happy Ashley is from such a simple gesture. Though what he is doing for her is far from simple. He entered this relationship with her knowing that it would be unique, and he does not regret it. The love and affection she has shown him do not compare to what he would fantasize about before he had met the giant woman. "Ashley," Sir Gabriel calls out, grabbing the attention of the giantess who has been following him, "is there anywhere, in particular, you want to head for first?"

       While the idea of examining the shops and stalls is tempting; there is a landmark that Ashley is very interested in seeing. "I want to see the bridge, you know, the one that Reginald Creek built which resulted in this town being founded."

       Sir Gabriel knows which bridge Ashley is talking about, it is in the center of town. If he recalls the town's history correctly Reginald Creek built the bridge then set up a trading post and inn for weary travelers. Eventually, other traders and those who were looking to start businesses began to set up shops around the bridge and Creek's Crossing started to grow and became recognized as a town. "Of course," Sir Gabriel points towards the center of town, keeping his gaze on Ashley, "it is in the center of town. Not that hard to miss. I will lead the way."

        With Sir Gabriel leading the way, once again, Ashley begins to walk the path that he is clearing for her. The crowd of people is staring at her, the largest living thing any of them have ever seen. Ashley looks down at them with a smile and a wave, hoping that her friendly appearance can keep their minds at ease about her presence. Their stares are not ones of fear, rather looks of curiosity and awe. Rumors of a giant maiden, who is being escorted by a knight, are beginning to spread through Albion. Most rumors focus on her kind nature, painting her to be the gentle soul she truly is.