20: A Rainy Day

Ashley is walking across a field as it is raining in Albion. The precipitation is getting her wet, ironic considering that she had just finished bathing no less than an hour ago, luckily it is not raining as hard as it did after both she and her knight had camped out for the first night. She is walking at a hurried pace, hoping to find something, anything that she can use for shelter from the elements, which is easier said than done for someone like her. At her extraordinary height, she is limited by where she can go. Most travelers would make their way to the nearest inn, or closest house if the occupants are hospitable, and wait out the weather; two places that she is unable to enter.

Sir Gabriel is sitting on the maiden's palm, pulled close to her chest. With her leaning forward slightly he is partially protected against the elements but is still being hit by rainfall from Ashley moving forward. He does feel guilty about her braving the elements, he would argue with her about his placement and how it would be better if he were to be riding on her shoulder like he normally does. He knows that arguing with her is going to be very one-sided. All he can do is keep his eyes open and see if he can't find something that Ashley can use for shelter. It may not be raining very hard but if she continues to travel in the wet weather she could become ill. The field she is traversing is open and the occasional tree that they pass is nowhere near tall enough for her sit underneath. With the way things are going the rain will stop before either one of them can spot something.

Off in the distance, Sir Gabriel make out a building, one that looks as though it can accommodate the statuesque maiden. Grabbing the maiden's attention, he points to the shelter that the giant woman can use. "Ashley! I think that barn is big enough for you to fit inside."

Looking over in the direction that Sir Gabriel is pointing, Ashley can see the barn which Sir Gabriel is referring to. At a glance, it looks like she can fit inside. Heading for the structure she is beginning to see that she is right, the roof reaching up past her hips she knows that she can fit inside. Reaching the entrance, she sets Sir Gabriel on the ground before reaching for the door. Her fingers are unable to grasp the door doors' handles, leaving Sir Gabriel to open one of the doors for her. With enough room to slide her fingers between the doors, the maiden opens them up quickly before she gets on her hands and knees and crawls inside. The entrance is large enough to accommodate her massive size, though she still needs to twist her body slightly as her sides graze the frame. "Do you think the owners will mind us waiting out the rain in here?"

Already inside and removing his armor, feeling that he has no reason to wear it for the time being. "I think this barn has been abandoned, so I don't think we need to worry about trespassing." Sir Gabriel is watching as Ashley enters. This is the first time he has witnessed her entering a structure and he can tell just how small the interior is when compared to her large body. While she can't stand up, the ceiling is high enough to allow her to sit upright and leave several feet between the top of her head and the ceiling. The giantess sits next to the doorway, crossing her legs as she leans against the wall while looking outside. The knight can only imagine how she must feel, stuck inside a relatively cramped space as she has no choice but to wait out the weather.

Ashley pulls her braid over her shoulder, sighing as she is watching the rain pour. This rain is nowhere near as heavy as it was last time, meaning that this undesirable weather is going to be continuing for a long while. She has always disliked the rain, the weather seeming so dreary to her. She knows that such weather is necessary, she only wishes that it wouldn't happen as often. She turns her attention back inside and towards the knight, who busy drying his armor to prevent it from rusting. She smiles, glad that if she has to be stuck in such a confined space that she is stuck with him. Sir Gabriel looks back at her, returning a smile as he begins work on drying off the next piece of armor.