better for you,, m. perez

Requested by -HMUCYR

Warning: mentions of physical abuse!

"He treats you like complete shit!" (y/n) yelled at Maddy. The two were having a fight about Maddy's boyfriend, Nate Jacobs. (y/n) thought she should end things with him considering all he did was make her feel like less of a person every chance he got. Another reason was (y/n) had feelings for her best friend and all she wanted to do was protect her from any harm that came her way. That harm mainly being Nate Jacobs.

"He's not a bad guy. We just had a fight that's it!" Maddy screamed back in defense of her boyfriend.

"You have fights every fucking day, Maddy. He rides your ass about every little thing like he's some goddamn saint." (y/n) said angrily. "He left bruises on you. You deserve better."

"And what's better?" Maddy asked throwing her hands out and dropping them back at her sides.

"Me! I fucking love you, Maddy and I can't just sit and watch you get destroyed by some asshole." (y/n) screamed. Both girls froze and the room went silent. Neither spoke. (y/n)'s eyes went wide when she realized what she had said. She quickly rushed out the door and downstairs, out of Maddy's house.

"Fuck." (y/n) mumbled as tears started to build up in her eyes. She quickly got in her car and drove off leaving Maddy to stand alone in the middle of her room and think about the words that just came out of her best friends mouth.

⠉⠉⠉⠉

(y/n) laid in her bed staring up at the ceiling. Her mind was racing with thoughts of Maddy. Did she hate her? How was she supposed to approach her at school? Would they even still be friends? Her thoughts were interrupted by her phone ringing. Maddy was calling her. She ignored it too scared to see what she had to say, but when she say Maddy had left a voicemail she hesitantly clicked on it.

"(y/n), please answer your phone. I need to talk to you." Maddy's broken voice spoke through her phone. She was crying. The doorbell rang and (y/n) stood up from her bed and hurried towards the door. She opened the door and Maddy stood in front of her with a tear stained face and a red mark on her cheek.

"Maddy, what happened?" (y/n) asked worry laced in her voice. Maddy immediately rushed into her arms and buried her face in her chest. (y/n) tightly wrapped her arms around her and pulled her inside, closing the door. "Maddy, what happened?" She asked again.

"I- I broke up with Nate." Maddy cried squeezing her (y/n) closer. That's when the red mark on her face made sense. Nate hit her. (y/n) grew angry. She wanted to kill Nate Jacobs.

"I'm so sorry." (y/n) said pulling Maddy away a little to hold her face in her hands. She examined the mark where a bruise was clearly forming. "Come on." She said gently grabbing Maddy's hands and pulling upstairs to her room. She sat the girl on her bed and quickly went back downstairs to grab water and an ice pack.

"Thank you." Maddy mumbled placing the ice pack against her cheek.

"So, you and Nate are done?" (y/n) asked sitting beside her. Maddy nodded. "I thought you didn't want to?"

"I've wanted to for a while. I was just too scared to actually do it because I knew he'd do this." She said referring to her cheek.

"I'm glad you came here." (y/n) said. "I didn't want you to think you couldn't after earlier."

"About earlier." Maddy said making anxiety fill back into (y/n)'s body. "Did you really mean what you said?" (y/n) nodded not making eye contact. Maddy moved to lifted (y/n)'s face to pull her forward and place their lips together. (y/n) kissed back gently grabbing Maddy's waist. They pulled apart and rested their foreheads against each other. "I like you too." Maddy whispered.

I really like how this one turned out haha

I hope you enjoyed this. Don't forget to comment and vote please! Thank you for reading 💜