sober,, r. bennett

Requested by dixie_damelio3

Part 2 of quit!!

(y/n) frowned looking over at the girl asleep on her bed. Rue had called her in the middle of the night asking if she could stay at her house since she was high and couldn't go home. As much as she wanted to say no, she would've felt bad if she turned her away so she let the girl climb through her window last night. (y/n) looked away from the sleeping girl. She hated the mess Rue had gotten herself in. Obviously, she knew Rue was trying to get better, but it was hard for her. Her dad was dead, her sister was too young to help and she didn't have a good relationship with her mom, but there was a small bit of hope (y/n) had that maybe she could help Rue.

"Are you okay?" Rue asked her voice raspy from just waking up.

"What?" (y/n) asked looking over at her. Rue sat up in the bed.

"You're crying." Rue pointed out motioning her index finger to her cheek. "What's wrong?" Rue asked. (y/n) wiped her tears away not noticing she was crying.

"I'm worried about you, Rue." (y/n) said. "You need to get better. You need to be able to go home and see your mom and sister." Rue stared at her with sorrow in her eyes.

"I know." Rue whispered.

"I can't let you die." (y/n) said looking at the girl. "I need you to get sober for me. I know it sounds selfish, but I can't lose you."

"I'm sorry." Rue whispered wrapping her arms around (y/n). "I'm so sorry. I'm gonna do better." (y/n) nodded wrapping her arms tightly around Rue.

I hope you enjoyed this. Don't forget to comment and vote please! Thank you for reading 💜