ℂ ℍ 𝔸 ℙ 𝕋 𝔼 ℝ 𝕋 𝕎 𝕆

"ᴡʜᴏ ɪs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴜᴛᴇ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ʙᴏʏ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴏʀ?"

Camryn went to get coffee with her friend Michelle before heading to school. Ever since Liz moved away, her and Michelle became much closer through the decathlon team. She felt she had much more in common with Michelle than she ever did with Liz. Camryn still missed Liz sometimes, but after their last conversation she had a hard time committing to keeping contact with her. If she was being honest, she didn't like being accused of being a boyfriend stealer.

Camryn and Michelle walked from the local coffee shop to Midtown. Camryn got Peter a chocolate chip muffin since he wasn't very big on coffee. He actually couldn't even drink the stuff anymore. After Peter developed his spider-like abilities, caffeine only made his already enhanced senses even more sensitive, which would drive him crazy.

When the girls made it back on campus they tried to find Ned and Peter before the first bell rang. They were walking down the hall when they found Ned standing at his locker.

"Hey loser!" Michelle called, catching Ned's attention.

"Hey guys," Ned smiled, pulling one of his textbooks out of his locker.

"Where's Peter?" Camryn asked curiously.

"Oh," Ned looked at the ceiling and floor before making eye contact with Camryn, "he overslept, he's running late."

Michelle raised her brow, "Peter overslept?"

Ned let out a nervous chuckle, "y-yeah."

Camryn and Michelle looked at each other with suspicion. It was unlike Peter to be running late because he overslept. She could tell that Ned was trying to cover something up. Little did she know, however, was that for the past week Peter had been wandering the streets of Queens, waiting for the creature to show up.

Camryn went to chemistry and still saw no sign of Peter. He didn't even come in for class. She decided to brush it off and ask him about it later. If there was something wrong or he wasn't feeling well, she wanted to be there for him. Peter had a bad habit of keeping stuff from her.

And she hated when Peter kept stuff from her.

Camryn saw Peter for the first time that day at lunch. He came to sit at their table and sat next to Camryn before giving her a kiss on the cheek. Camryn gave Peter a weird look before clearing her throat.

"Where were you?"

Peter shrugged, "I overslept."

Ned and Michelle just watched as the couple spoke to each other. Ned was nervous for his friend, and Michelle was curious if Camryn was going to grill him.

"Are you okay?" Camryn asked with a concerning tone, "you never oversleep."

"Yeah, I'm fine," Peter smiled.

Ned looked at Peter with awe. Since when did Peter Parker become so much better at lying?

The rest of the day went by normally. Peter seemed completely normal despite having missed his first two periods. Camryn wanted to say something to him but didn't feel she had a valid reason other than speculation. If Peter said he was fine, then he must be telling the truth.

Camryn went home and worked on her homework. Her parents have been much more involved in her life since her accident. To them they realized that they could lose her at any moment and they didn't want to miss anything. This didn't apply to her love life because Camryn's parents were blissfully unaware that her and Peter were dating. Camryn wanted to wait for the right time to tell them and Peter wasn't ready to say anything. So she had to respect his wishes.