𝔼 ℙ 𝕀 𝕃 𝕆 𝔾 𝕌 𝔼

"ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ, ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs, ɪs ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ." 

― ʜᴀʀᴜᴋɪ ᴍᴜʀᴀᴋᴀᴍɪ, 𝟷ǫ𝟾𝟺

It was dark. Cold. Desolate in a galaxy where an Asgardian ship floated lifelessly. Completely destroyed and dismantled.

"This is the Asgardian refugee vessel Statesman."

Screams and weapon shots could be heard through a distress call, which fell on deaf ears.

"We are under assault. I repeat, we are under assault. Our engines are dead, life support failing. Requesting aid from any vessel in range."

"We are twenty-two jump points out of Asgard."

"Our crew is made up of Asgardian families!"

"We have very few soldiers here!"

"This is not a warcraft!"

"I repeat, this is not a warcraft!"

A colossal warship was beside the now destroyed refugee vessel. It had come from a distant galaxy, looking for a very powerful artifact known as the Tesseract. The Tesseract was the Space Infinity Stone, which was one of five others. The Reality, Time, Mind, Power, Soul and Space stones were all Infinity Stones created as a result of the birth of the universe. The Space Stone was held by the Asgardians on their refugee ship, the Statesman.

A powerful Titan by the name of Thanos was in search of the six Infinity Stones. He had spent years of his life traveling to different plants around the galaxy, committing mass genocides against the inhabitants. It was this that he justified as necessary for their continuation. To him, a genocide was the only solution to save a world from ultimate demise. It was a radical idea that had him exiled from his home planet, Titan.

"Hear me and rejoice."

A tall, grey skinned alien walked amongst the last of the alive refugees on Statesman. Scared souls that were barely clinging to life, they tried their hardest to crawl away from his field of vision.

"You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan."

Silence was met amongst Thanos' invading army. The tall creature, who went by the name of Ebony Maw, walked proudly through the room of dead bodies. Those who were still alive, were being put to the brutal and unforgiving sword.

"You may think this is suffering. No..."

"This is salvation!"

Maw continued to walk through the room, clasping his hands together as he gave a radical speech of necessary genocide.

"Universal scales tip towards balance because of your sacrifice. For even in death, you have become the children of Thanos."

Maw walked past a frightened Asgardian. One of the last that remained alive on the entire ship. Loki, son of the late Asgardian King Odin and brother of Thor, a powerful god who is held in high regard on Earth, and formerly resided within the ranks of the Avengers. Loki looked forward at the colossal Titan, Thanos, who stood next to a severely wounded Thor.

"I know what it's like to lose," Thanos said, looking down at the god, "to feel so desperately that you are right. Yet to fail, nonetheless."

Thanos picked Thor up by the collar of his armor, dangling him as the god groaned in the agonizing pain he was feeling all over his body. "It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. But I ask you, to what end?"