ℂ ℍ 𝔸 ℙ 𝕋 𝔼 ℝ 𝔽 𝕆 𝕌 ℝ

"ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴍᴘᴇʀ. ᴀ ᴅᴇᴄɪsɪᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ɪɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʀ ɪs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sᴏᴜɴᴅ." 

- ғᴏʀᴅ ғʀɪᴄᴋ

Camryn woke up to a very cold morning. It was January in Queens and if it wasn't snowing it was freezing winds and frigid air. It hasn't snowed in a week, and surprisingly the snow wasn't as heavy this year as it usually is. Camryn got up from her bed and checked her phone. She had a ton of missed calls from Peter the day before. She would have answered but she was studying at the library with Michelle after school. She called him back and told her she was okay, but Peter seemed much more on edge than usual.

Camryn put down her phone and went to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. She pulled her silk bonnet off her head and styled her hair. She decided to put her hair up in a messy bun using one of her rubber twist bands. She then went to her closet and pulled out a long sleeve black shirt and navy flannel with rolled up sleeves. She put on a pair of denim Levis and threw on her black checkered Vans. She finished off her look with a dark green jacket and black lace choker.

Camryn grabbed her backpack and headed downstairs to the kitchen. She was surprised to see her father and Peter standing in the kitchen.

"Peter?" Camryn smiled, "what are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd walk you to school," he smiled back.

"Special occasion?" Camryn raised her brow.

Peter walked over and kissed her cheek, "I need a reason to see you?"

"I guess not," Camryn mumbled. Lance stood up from the counter. "I'll let you guys head out. Have fun at school, sunflower."

"Okay, dad. Bye!"

"Bye, Mr. Foster!" Peter yelled before closing the door behind them. Camryn and Peter walked through her neighborhood silently. She knew something was up with her boyfriend. Camryn always walked to school alone because Peter lived so far from her. She never bothered asking him to walk her to school in the mornings. So why is he starting now?

"Are you okay, Peter?" Camryn asked, reaching to hold his hand.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine," Peter smiled.

"You look pale," Camryn pointed out, reaching to touch his face.

"It's cold out," Peter chuckled nervously.

"Your face gets red when it's cold, not more pale," Camryn retorted, not believing his excuse. Peter just laughed it off, pretending not to notice that his girlfriend was catching on to his weird behavior. The two teens reached the subway and hopped on the train to Midtown. The entire time Peter didn't say a word. Camryn thought this was so unusual, since Peter talked all the time. He kept looking around the train frantically, like he was looking for something.

They made it to their stop and hopped off the train. The two walked into Midtown like it was a normal day. They were greeted by a worried Ned.

"Oh hey guys!" he said nervously. Peter shot him a look to act more natural. They wanted to keep the fact that a dangerous man was after Camryn from Camryn herself. Peter thought if he could walk her to school and back it would ensure her safety. But Camryn had no idea that Peter had even pursued Venom a few nights before. She gave them both a weird look.

"What's going on?" she asked suspiciously. Peter just chuckled.

"N-nothing! We're just nervous for our... Spanish quiz today."