Chapter 40: Lie

When Yan Ru Yu's words were spoken, the atmosphere suddenly froze. Lan Ning's look was no longer as natural as how it was before.

Lan Ning thought none of them would mention that incident again, but now she is somewhat overwhelmed by Yan Ru Yu's words.

She blinked for a moment before she quickly picked up her bag from the sofa. When she just got up, her wrist was caught by Yan Ru Yu, "Want to escape again? What are you afraid of?"

"I..." Lan Ning did not know how to respond to Yan Ru Yu's question. She paused for a second and then pulled back her hand, "I just suddenly remembered that I had a courier parcel from the security guard downstairs. I'm going to pick up the delivery...!"

She then ran towards the door just like what she did last time, opened the door and left.

Yan Ru Yu put the cake back onto the table, turned back and lay down on the couch again.

Lan Ning returned home and threw the bag aside. She also fell onto the bed.

What was she afraid of? Is there anything she is even afraid of?

Lan Ning's brows gradually tightened. She just didn't know how to face it! After all, does Teacher Xing Xin really like her? This assumption itself is scary... Why would he even like her?

And does she... Like him or not?

Throughout the night, Lan Ning could not sleep because of the 'like or not' question. It did not take too long before she closed her eyes and then had to get up to head into work.

The cover of the 'Mistry' magazine is the full-page advertisement for the 'Death Message' book that is to be published. The online pre-sale link was also made for the first time. The 10,000 copies of stamped were sold out in the first few hours of pre-sale, and the website also made a regular version of the pre-sale link.

Although this accomplishment has little to do with Lan Ning, she is still very happy as the editor of this book. If things were like before, she would have actively reported the result to Yan Ru Yu and congratulated him, but now, she hesitated to even contact him.

Furthermore, the last two days, whenever she even saw his QQ, she would be nervous. She worried that what if he suddenly looked for her? What would she do?

Lan Ning thinks that this is a little bit ridiculous. After all, she is an adult, and yet she even gets absent-minded just because of this at work. When she was in college, she never easily got distracted while studying just because of love.

The QQ sounded and Lan Ning looked at it with a tight expression. She took a glance at the blinking icon and then breathed a sigh of relief.

Bi Kong Ru Xi: [Bian bian! I got my payment! So happy (≧∀≦)]

Bi Kong Ru Xi: [Do you have time tomorrow? I want to invite you for a meal ><]

Cauliflower: [Congratulations! And no need, keep the money to buy what you like ^^]

Bi Kong Ru Xi: [I just want to invite you for a meal ah... After all, this is my first publishing fees in my life, so I want to thank Bian Bian (',,•ω•,,)♡]

Cauliflower: [23333 You are too kind ah.]

(T/N: 23333 means laughing)

Bi Kong Ru Xi: [So, are you free?]

Cauliflower: [Okay... But I might be a bit late after work.]

Bi Kong Ru Xi: [It's fine! σ(≧ε≦σ) What do you want to eat?]

Cauliflower: [You choose it~]

Bi Kong Ru Xi: [Okay! Then I'll let you know where we're going to eat later ('。• ᵕ •。')]