sixty nine

"Minseo!" the tune of the familiar voice cried out, standing outside the gates of the football field

"Minseo!" the tune of the familiar voice cried out, standing outside the gates of the football field. A smiled grazed her lips, dropping all her bags and jumping into the arms of leather sleeves. She couldn't care if her jersey was still a tad dampened, or if her face was red from holding back tears, she fell into his embrace and the scent that reminded her of freshman year.

"All the exits are blocked off, I had to run around the entire school." she panted whilst pulling away. Seongbin plastered a smile, taking his hand into hers. "Is that so?" he questioned. He then began leading her past the gate, into the confides of the football field. Minseo trailed along as he gripped her wrists that felt horribly bruised after the game, nodding in response.

They walked along the sidelines, along the perimeter of the field he used to play on for a brief moment. Memories rushed back to her, ones of stolen kisses and midnight adventures of jumping over the gate. The grass gathered along the soles of her shoes. It was dewy. Jaegu was all the same, just like them two.

"What do you think happened?" she asked cautiously, stopping in the first row of bleachers to sit. Seongbin sighed, shaking his head at the ground. "I'm not sure. The exit right there- it's blocked off by rock." he pointed to the one she attempted to come out of at first. Minseo's eyes widened, bewildered at who would do such a thing. "You don't think..." she trailed off, bottom lip pursing outwards.

"Minseo, this was an attack from the Republic. Those shifters wanted to intimidate us." he scoffed. He never liked shifters, not a single bit. Though, he always made sure to stick close to the Choi's, the flame about them somehow mysterious in the city of Jaegu- and Minseo was the heart of it.

"You're right. I hate it there, I hate everything there." she laughed bitterly, biting down on her lip to distract her from the tears welling up in her eyes. "I wanna go home." she choked out, the heels of her rubber shoes tapping against the metal of the bleachers. Seongbin lifted her chin up, facing eye to eye with the girl he was far too familiar with.

"Come back, Minseo. Stay with me, I love you." he spoke out in a whisper, his roughened thumb brushing against her cheek as she leaned in closer— this time willingly. "I love you too." she exchanged. The space between them was slowly disappearing, nothing but the light of the full moon beating down on her sparkling features. Before her amethyst eyes that had always entranced him fully closed, she paused, breath hitting his lips before they could touch.

"It's a shame I have a bad habit of lying." she smirked, a hot fist impacting his face instead.

Seongbin stood up, cupping his cheek in pain. With a snarl, he looked down at her who was now planted in her feet, fists balled up. "You bitch," he grunted, attempting to take a hit right back at her. Luckily, he miscalculated, leaving her almost wobbling backwards. "That's not the first time you've ever tried to hit me." she commented, her tone harsh and blended with the hurt that she had held to herself for too long.