❀ . . . prolouge

STAR STRUCK LONER

red eyes bore into the back of the shark-skinned man's head

red eyes bore into the back of the shark-skinned man's head. kisame brushed it off as they stepped over the bodies of murdered shinobi. itachi was a lot more careful when moving across the bodies than kisame. there was no point in even disposing of them.

the small village nearby offered high quality hotels for a low price. it wasn't a very populated place, only about a hundred people or so. they wouldn't be recognized if they stopped there. they would stand out with their outfits.

even though the village was basically deserted compared to konoha, it was fairly large. there was a forest stretching for miles just behind the buildings. they passed through the forest first. the streets were wandered by only a few people. they headed towards the inn immediately.

kisame plopped down on the bedding of their hotel room. itachi crossed his legs sitting closer to the wall. he was silent the entire time they sat in the room. until kisame broke it, "i know it may sound a bit crazy but are you ever going to look for someone? a partner specifically."

itachi opened his eyes and looked at him. "if you mean a romantic partner, which i assume you are, then no."

"isn't it perfect for you?" kisame asked. "girls are always looking your way yet none of them catch your eye?"

"no," he replied bluntly.

kisame smirked, slightly offended. "you're quite lucky, really, don't wait too long or else you'll end up like me."

"it would be a waste of time to take an interest in someone, the outcome would remain the same with or without a partner. i would prefer to focus on a more important aspect of life," his gaze landed on the window next to him. he watched a family walk the streets. the parents held the hands of a young girl while the older version of her skipped in front of them. she held pure joy in her steps, smiling as she spoke to her family. itachi's eyes followed them until they were no longer in his sight.

he stood up and left kisame in the hotel room alone. the sun was beginning to set already. he assumed everyone would already be preparing for night. most shops were already closing up for the day.

the trees in the forest allowed patches of remaining sunlight to shine onto the ground. itachi approached the clearing in the forest. footsteps came from the opposite side of him, it made him stop in his tracks. he glared at the spot from the trail making the noise. his red eyes were glowing in the darkness.

the watched the girl make her way towards the middle of the clearing with a black blanket in her arms. she laid it on the grass and stretched it out. it looked soft to him. he wanted to step closer to her. she was lying against the fabric looking up. going stargazing seemed so boring to him but now he wanted to try it. the way she stared so fascinated by the glowing stars was charming.

his eyes locked onto her body sitting up. it was like she knew he was watching her. he had to leave as soon as she was finally going to discover his presence. although, he wished he was able to stay at least a bit longer.

 although, he wished he was able to stay at least a bit longer

a/n: i'm such a simp for itachi 😩😢