- Seventeen: Trusting Who I Am -

※※※

The girl with rose wreath around her head looked down on the girl lying still on the ground, unable to move a muscle. A smile of satisfaction rose in her face as memories rose in her head. The girl with raven hair reading all by herself in a secluded room, her gaze cold and sharp as if they could bore into your soul. The gifted girl who can charm anyone with her pure angelic voice. The girl who can memorised anything she came upon. The girl with an amazing, rare power to create and break objects at atomic level. The girl who, whenever she walked past the hallway, everyone responded with a bow. The girl who can do anything she ever wanted to do. And yet, the girl refused all the gifts and fawning she had and complain about her life, ready to change everything she had almost completely.

Such a spoiled, ungrateful rich brat... Alyssa thought as she narrowed her eyes, you don't deserve all those.

...and soon... I will be... you. With all your power, your title, your rights, your family, and your henchmen.

"Such a hassle..." Oscar's voice woke her up from her thoughts.

And soon, I won't have to deal with you any longer, the girl thought, as she eyed the vengeful man, you're too much, Oscar. You're one of those people who can't let go of their glorious past.

"Anyway, what do we do about the elite triad? She blabbered everything about us and possibly they've tracked us down with that pendant too..." Alyssa said, eyeing the young man with black ponytail.

"Well, now that we have missy, we have something to play on our hands, at least-" Oscar said, putting his foot over Raven's head, "this is all her fault... this whole mess is her fault,"

The organisation's reform... the search for the Palladium's... Alastor's change... he thought and gritted his teeth.

Just then, the three could hear footsteps walking towards them. Slowly, Raven opened her eyes, only to find the very person she was thinking about looking at the scene with wide eyes. His mouth was slightly opened. He glanced to Alyssa and Oscar then he ran to Raven's side.

"Raven!" he exclaimed and knelt at her side.

Gabe was very shocked that he couldn't even utter another word. His head felt burning, all words and thoughts vanished at the sight. His heart pounded on his chest, each pump echoing throughout his body before reaching his ears.

What... what happened to you... no... he thought, healing first and...

He quickly healed Raven's visible wounds, but she just laid on the ground weakly, unable to get up.

"Gabe..." she muttered.

Then she started to cough up some blood, which ran down from her lip to her jaw. Her throat felt hot and dry, and so were her lungs. Her breath became shorter by the minute. Gabe just realized that it had come to the point where he couldn't do anything about. He felt a dagger had been thrust to his heart seeing how weak Raven had become.

No, there's gotta be something... something, he thought as he desperately racked his head for answers.

"You... perfect timing..." said Oscar as he walked over to Gabe, "Gabriel Claude Palladium. The bearer of the amulet of Dionysia... now that your little protector has been... ehem... handicapped, you have nothing to fight us with,"

The young man clenched his fists powered by his rage, his knuckles turning white in that instant. Gabe's clear indigo eyes narrowed as he looked at Oscar.

"Handicapped? What did you say?!" he said, shaking a little, "she was drenched in blood and you said you're merely handicapping her?"

"Your ears are fine, aren't they? I believe I said so," said Oscar and smirked.