Seven - The Black Angel's Way

★★★

Suddenly, the abstract man swung its stick once more from the side. I quickly swerved right, and the stick hit the ground next to Gabe, only a centimeter away from his hand and a crack appeared on the ground.

Oh, no! I thought, is it just me, or he gradually focused his attacks on me? This is the third time too... I better keep my distance from Gabe, then!

I broke out in a run and let my legs carried me forward as fast as I could. The sceneries around me blurred and the wind blew my ponytail and skirt to the back, while my skin could feel the cool breeze brushing it. I looked behind my shoulder. Sure enough, the abstract man chased after me instead of finishing Gabe. I smiled in satisfaction and kept going on ahead.

Yes, this way, I have more space to fight as- I thought.

Then suddenly my breath turned to gasps and my head felt heavy. For the moment, my head felt heavy and suddenly my knees weakened at the same time. Then I lost my footing and fell on my knees.

No... I forgot about the magic's distance! I thought.

Something rose from inside my lungs and I came back to coughing blood. My chest were hurting badly, my right hand was placed on my chest to try to ease the pain.

"No, Raven!" Gabe exclaimed.

I turned around and saw that the abstract man was almost upon me while Gabe was still far away, trying his best to run to me as fast as possible.

No, if he come into the battlefield now... it'll be dangerous... I thought, ...I have to finish this enemy as soon as possible!

"Stay there," I said and waved my hand, trying to call forth any particle.

However, my hand could feel nothing but the air touching my palm.

What? I thought.

I waved my hand over and over again, but nothing happened. Heat climbed up to my forehead, as I looked at my hands in disbelief.

"My power... what happened?" I muttered as I looked up in horror.

Don't tell me... not only I became sick when I'm more than 15 meters away from him but I can't use my powers as well? Are all the amulet's effects gone? I thought.

The abstract guy was already in front of me. He was holding out his stick and was ready to attack.

I can do this. My only chance... is catching that stick directly, I thought and gritted my teeth, and stand up when he swings back!

"No!" Gabe exclaimed, "hey, you! Help! Please!"

Huh? What? I thought.

Then I heard the sound of quick footsteps. When I opened my eyes, in front of me stood a guy with white long shirt and black waistcoat with white and spiky hair.

Who's this guy? I thought.

Suddenly, he summoned a taser out of nowhere and pushed the taser onto the abstract figure's gut. I could see crackles of electricity accompanied by a burning smell coming up from the taser. However, the abstract man was still standing up, despite his body fizzling with electricity.

"Whoa, what is this creature..." the stranger muttered.

This guy's power... isn't that... Equip...? I thought as I got up and caught my breath.

Then I heard more quick footsteps. I turned around and noticed that Gabe has come to the aid. Right then, my eyes caught something gleaming on the alleyway. It was the girl with the spade earring and her earring reflected the sunlight!