Chapter 1 - Beacon Hills

I took my earphones off as I looked outside the window, it was a beautiful view from inside the car even though my mother was driving quite fast. "Shut the window Ed, I don't want bugs inside my car." she scolded.

I sighed and did what she asked before looking at her. "We drove here as soon as we arrived from London and you won't even let me enjoy the view?" I asked and crossed my arms.

She shrugged and continued to drive while smiling. The whole journey, I only wished to arrive as soon as possible since I've been sitting for what feels like days. Most people would fall asleep on a long journey like this but I can't really sleep because my older brother was kind of an a** for waking me up whenever my eyes were closed.

"So... Tell me about this place," I looked at my mother while waiting for her answer. She cleared her throat and smiled widely.

"You're excited..." I stated as I caught my mother's scent. She giggled and looked at me still with her wide smile on before clearing her throat. Hopefully, whatever reason my father have for choosing this place would be a good one.

"Well, you see..." my mother started. "...this place is special to both of us because-"

"This is where you and father met, am I right?" Wendy, my sister stated. I looked at her who was sitting at the backseat. Where they met? But how can my mother, an Englishwoman end up in a city in America?

"Your grandfather was once an English teacher at Beacon Hills High School and because of his job, grandmother and I followed him here since he don't really like living alone," my mother said while glaring at Wendy through the rearview mirror.

"You remember what I said about people cutting me off, right Wendy?"

Wendy shrugged with a smile and looked at my mother, "I'm sorry," she said but we knew that her 'sorry' was a sarcastic one.

The three of us had a staring contest for a while but my mother gave in a few seconds in since she was driving and Wendy and I continued to stare at each other until something or someone decided to interrupt it, a scream.

"You hear that?" William, who was sleeping woke up because of the scream. He looked around him and then at us.

"A banshee..." My mother stated, her eyes slowly start to glow red. She stopped the car on the roadside and unbuckled her seatbelt. "You guys stay here. I'm going to see what's going on," She advised before running off into the forest. The three of us were left inside the car with nothing to talk about. It was honestly awkward for the three of us to be left alone like this because usually, my younger brother, who is currently studying in France would be the one to initiate conversation between us.

I cleared my throat and opened the door, "I need to..." they were looking at me with wide, anticipating eyes which... I would say not so comfortable. "...you know..." I got off the car and started to walk towards the forest.

"Don't wander too far!" William reminded.

I looked at the car for a moment before going deeper into the forest until eventually I stopped to do my business. As soon as I finished doing my business, I made my way to the car but I stopped when I heard people talking. Without thinking twice, I hid behind a tree and waited for those people to leave.

"What is it, Scott?" a female voice asked.

"I think I smell something... a cologne?" a male voice answered, presumably Scott. I took a deep breath and tried to conceal my scent because there is no way a normal person can hear or smell something as subtle as my cologne spray.

"Could be me," Another voice said, a male. But this one seems to have a sarcastic tone in his voice.

"Yeah... I guess..." Scott said and they finally walked away. I let out a sigh of relief before checking my surrounding just to make sure there's no one else. As soon as I confirmed that there's no one else, I ran full speed towards the car.

When I arrived at the car, my mom was already there, waiting for me. "Where were you?" she asked, her arms crossed. I looked behind me while panting before shaking my head and entering the car. "How far are we from the house?"

My mother looked around and shrugged as she started the car. "Close... I guess?" I groaned and leaned against the seat, hoping to arrive sooner as I am tired from the running I have to do. I must've fell asleep because when my mom woke me up, the car was parked inside a garage.

"Wake up. We're here," she said and I nodded, yawning. I got off the car and went outside to check the house. It wasn't that big but at least it is better than the one in London. I found myself smiling as I am excited to find out what's in store for me in this new place... Beacon Hills.