Chapter 9 New Revelation

The man standing behind holding Bahadur with a knife doesn't believe what happened. Before he could grasp the scene before him, Mahi asks him to leave the watchman and take out all of his knives or any other weapon he might be carrying on the ground. Then she tells Bahadur to pick all of that to put it away from them.

Man on the ground is still groaning loudly in pain. Dev and Rohit were in absolute shock as they saw Mahi swiftly taking the situation in her hands. It looked like they were witnessing some scene out of a movie. 

Mahi kicks the man on the ground lightly and says,' Arre O, bahut ho gaya natak. Chal khada ho (Hey! Enough with your drama. Get up now),' waving the gun with one hand and putting another in her trouser's pocket. 

The man stands up with much difficulty next to his sidekick. 

'Haan toh Main kuch keh rahi thi. Safety (Yes. So I was saying something. Safety),' says Mahi. She continues,' Ise kehte hai safety (This is known as safety),' showing them a small switch on the Glock. 'Agar ye ON hai toh ye chalti nahi hai (If it's ON, then it doesn't work).' She immediately takes out her other hand and loads the gun sliding the top of the barrel back and forth and pulls the trigger pointing in their faces.

A small shriek comes out of their mouth. A second later, the goons open their eyes realising no sound of a gunshot came out as she pulled the trigger.

'Aur agar iss tarah ise OFF karde toh (And if it is turned OFF like this),' continues Mahi, giving the demonstration on how it works. She clicks the small switch on the side of the gun and pulls the trigger again. This time the sound thundered the surrounding as she had the gun pointed on the ground next to the goons.

Everyone, present there jumps at the loud sound of the gun shooting, except Mahi. Dev sees Mahi as calm as still water. It seemed another routine for her.

'Aaya samajh? (Got it?)' asks Mahi to the terrified goons in front of her. She says,' Very good.' She makes them stand on their knees with their hands up in the air. Both of them do instantly in horror what Mahi instructs. 

Two constables run in after hearing the gunshot. They stand in attention and salute Mahi immediately.

'Lagta hai Sarkar ne tum logo ko Panwaadi ko Suraksha dene ke liye mere Ghar ke bahar tenaat kiya hai (Looks like the government has stationed you outside my house to provide security to the betel shop),' says Mahi sarcastically at the constables. She controls her anger on their absence. Both constables apologise feeling terrified from Mahi as they standstill.

'Ab kya meri shakal dekhte dekhte khud Thaane phone lag jaega? (Now would just looking at my face, police station would be informed)' asks Mahi in a scolding tone, keeping her anger in check. One of the constables immediately takes out the walkie and speaks into it while walking towards the gate.

Mahi turns her head towards Dev and Rohit and asks them if they are okay. Both nods together still grasping the reality in front of them. Even though the situation was under Mahi's control, they couldn't bring themselves to sit. 

Mahi sits on the armrest of the chair, dangling the gun in one hand between her legs. She looks at the goons in front of her and very casually asks,' Haan bhai, Baap ka naam bata (Yes. Tell me your father's name).'

The guy still grimacing in pain says,' Banwari Lal' And the other guys follow him saying,' Suresh Kumar.'

Mahi puts her hand on her forehead, sighing in dismissal. She says with a tinge of irritation,' Jo baap tum logo ko paida karke apna sar peet raha hoga uska naam nahi pucha. Jo tum jaise dharti ke bhoj ko yaha paal raha hai uska naam pucha hai (The one who would be beating his head on the wall after giving you birth, I didn't ask his name. The one who is feeding you bloody burdens on earth, I asked his name).'