Border controll

"I know...but at some point, the body count doesn't matter. Tell me Jazz... do murderers deserve death? If they torture, abuse, and kill. Do they deserve to be killed? If you steal something, they stole from you before... is it stealing?"

"No that wouldn't be, "

"What if they stole time?"

"How could you steal time? That is impossible" Jasper asked. He sat down on the bed and looked down at Shado.

"Well, they steal life-time. They stole three years from me,"

"Three years?! What did they do?"

"Bad things Jazz...they dis bad things. That's what monsters do" she said with a sad smile.

"What did they do?" Jasper asked again, more pressing this time.

Shado didn't answer. She just looked at him with blank eyes. Her grey eyes were just dull. Not like the silver it was supposed to be. No, more like an ugly grey you would find cars coloured in. Dull and meaningless.

There was a soft knock at the door and Santiago stuck his head into the room.

"Hey queenie, we're all waiting and have some questions,"

If course they all had heard what had been said in the room. After all, they did have super-hearing.

Shado's grey eyes filled with anger and she sent a book flying Santiago's way. He caught it just before it hit his face with full force.

Santiago screeched like a little girl when another two books came flying his way. But as he only had two hands and was still holding the first book, the last one hit him square in his face.

A second later Jane, Alec and Caius were in the room, searching for any danger.

"What are you doing Santiago" Jane asked with a hiss. He was balancing two books with one hand while he touched his nose, which had very fine cracks running along it.

When he heard Jane's icy voice he jumped in shock and dropped everything on the floor.

Everyone just stared at the books and then at Santiago wordlessly.

"Really dude? You can't even hold books?" Felix said laughing, from where he stood in the door.

"She threw them at me" Santiago shouted pointing a finger at the brunette human.

"Don't you have like superspeed" Jane asked in a sarcastic/bored voice. Ge huffed at this and they both glared at each other. Then Santiago fell to the floor in pain, while Jane had an evil smirk on her face.

"JANE" Caius shouted, making the blonde girl bow her head in submission.

While everyone was focussed on the scene in front of them Shado managed to open the door to her balcony and slip out.

This would normally have been impossible, even if the vampires were distracted but they had all noticed something wasn't absolutely normal.

Her heartbeat was extremely hard to sense and if she wanted to hide it, it was completely impossible. Her scent was just as difficult. She couldn't hide it fully but if you hadn't met her you couldn't sense her either, as her scent was musky and more like fog, like shadows.

But unlike Bella, who was born with her shield, Shado got her powers later in life and also not naturally. Someone made sure she got them. This person didn't know what her powers would be and before he could analyse them, she was gone. With the help pf her powers. When she walked, she didn't make a sound and the serum enhanced her intelligence amongst other things.

Shado jumped from her balcony on the second floor and landed on a tree that was just under it. She had done this many times and she was moving on autopilot. Although the fall was almost three meters her feet only barely stung. She was used to jumping from much higher things and the slight pain didn't faze her much.

As soon as she was on the ground again Shado ran into the woods by the house. She didn't want to talk to anyone, especially not her so called mate Caius. He was just another person who was going to try and control her, and she loved her freedom to much for that to happen. The Cullen's never forced her to stay and let her have her freedom. Sometimes she stayed out in the woods for days, not even coming home to sleep.

Of course, this worried the family and once when she didn't come home for a week they combed through the trees until they found her. She was about ten miles away from the house in a small cave. There was a fire in front of it and she sat there, just staring at the flames.

As soon as they came closer Shado shot up and pointed her bow at the noise, and arrow ready to be released at any time. Esme finally dragged her home than and told her never to stay away that long again. That worked for about two months, but at east she left a note saying that she was out.

Although the Cullen's had been living in Forks for over two years now and had a treaty with the wolves, Shado had never actually met them or been on their side. They knew she excited but that was it. As she was a human the treaty didn't apply for her, so it wasn't too surprising when she accidentally crossed the line when she was out strolling through the woods.

Now it wouldn't have mattered if she hadn't been wearing Jasper's jumper, which smelt of vampire, and the border control wasn't so nearby.

As her scent was almost non-existent the only thing the two wolves could smell was the scent of vampire on her. So, a few moments later Shado was tackled by a giant rusty brown wolf. A sandy coloured one was behind him and both of them growled, showing their giant sharp teeth.

As soon as they noticed she was human they stopped growling and the rusty brown pulled his head back, tilting it in confusion. Shado grabbed his great paws and twisted them, successfully throwing him off her, taking the wolf by surprise.

The sandy coloured wolf went behind a bush and came back a few seconds later in his human form with shorts on.

"Who are you and why do you smell of leach?" Seth asked the girl who was still on the forest ground.

Shado didn't answer. Stranger danger and all.

"Oh wait...are you Shado?" She nodded. The rusty coloured wolf came back a few seconds later, also as a human.

"Sorry about that. We thought you were a bloodsucker. What are you doing on our side? Not that you aren't allowed to be here, but you've never been on this side before?"