The reason for it all

****Nobody's position****

The ride was long and after about an hour I was asleep against the car's window. The leather seats were nice and warm and the exhaustion of the day caught up with her eventually. I woke up when the escort stopped and the door was opened. They were in front of a huge mansion that looked castle like. I honestly didn't expect anything else. At every corner was at least one guard and I could see quite a few snipers on the roof, ready to shoot anyone who stepped out of line.

"Welcome to the noble side of the Russian Mafia." Anatoly said, offering his arm. I took it with a grin, and he led me inside. The guards at the door were about two times the size of me and looked about the size of Felix. I'm sure if Felix had still been human they would have had an interesting fight.

Anatoly led me past a lot of doors before we stopped in what looked like a seating area. As soon as we sat down a maid came in, serving us drinks. To my delight Anatoly did not care that I was technically to young for Vodka and just gave me a glass full too.

"To old friendships" he said raising his glass and I followed his motion before taking a big gulp. He alcohol burned in my throat and I was happy that none of the Cullens were here. They would have probably thrown a fit.

"So why are you in Russia? The truth please"

"Alright, after the island I didn't know what to do with myself. I guess I was a little bit broken...don't give me that look I know I'm fucked up permanently. So I was trekking through Alaska. At this point I was close to dying I guess I hoped Slade would come and save me. He promised he would Anatoly. He did! And I had just sat down. Shouldn't have done that because it was getting colder and yeah...I was just sitting there when a guy named Jasper heard my heartbeat and came to investigate. And yes they are vampires, just like that funny guy on the ship. So he heard me and as I was basically dead he insisted that I come with him to the house where his family lived. At the start I pretended to be mute, you know that I couldn't speak. But his coven was so nice to me. They fed me and when I tried to leave again the next day they didn't want me to. They wanted me Anatoly...can you imagine that. They didn't try to throw me away.

I was home-schooled there as I hate interacting with people and suddenly, they decided that we had to move. Then off we went to a small town with even more small minded people and everything was fine until Edward, a vamp of the coven found his blood singer. Fast forward a few months and me, Bella – the human – and Alice, my sister of sorts, are on our way to Volterra Italy because said Edward thinks Bella is dead and wants to die too. There we meet the Volturi who weren't so impressed that the Cullen's had brought two humans into the mess, even if I technically already knew about them. So they were all pissy because secret is out and all then I just looked at the blonde king, Caius, and he behaves really weird. Turns out I am his mate."

Anatoly who had listened to the entire thing just kept looking more and more baffled.

"So next thing I know I now have guards who protect me from whatever there is. Then we were attacked by another vamp, Viktoria who wanted to kill Bella but then decided that killing me before that would be fine as well. Our meeting ends with her having a broken nose and me falling off some cliffs into the ocean. I froze completely. I just could not move it was just like last time, when the ship sank and I was so scared. The last thing I remember is crashing against some stones before everything went black. The two coves tried to pull me out but couldn't find me, at least not in the water. Someone else had pulled me out, saving me from drowning...again. And that someone was Slade. I met him a few days later. He's alive and missing an eye."

"Slade Wilson is alive? That is not only good news but if you are still here breathing, I assume that he is in his right state of mind?"

I nodded before continuing. "Everything was going great for a while, and I was on vacation with my guards and the Cullen's when I heard that Valentino was just a few town further along and that he had a few vampires on his side. I don't know what I was thinking but I wanted revenge. So when it was night I managed to sneak out thanks to my powers and skipped town. From there on I made my way to Valentino's lair. I killed him. The last thing he saw was me...."

A big smile broke out on my face as I thought of Valentino's face filled with shock, he never saw the knife coming. The satisfaction of seeing his dead body was enough to make me forget that I was in great danger.

"Then the vampires smelled the blood and came after me to kill me. So I did what I do best...run. I don't think I ever ran so fast before but I did it...I got away. I waited in a cave and then left to find the nearest town and called you."

"Not that I am not honoured that you thought of me when you were in need, but what about that coven you have been living with. Not to forget you guards who were sent by your mate, the king of vampires. They will be looking for you."

"I know. I just...Valentino would not get out of there alive...I needed to make sure of it and I knew they would never let me go. And I would disappoint them, but I did it anyway. They don't kill humans, the Cullens, they live off animals, so they wouldn't understand that I would want to kill someone. No, this was my fight and I was going to end it alone. And later...they would want a full blown explanation to why I was in that shabby bar and I needed to get away from my guards for a while anyway, I was starting to feel claustrophobic."

"I understand. I truly do. You are a free spirit and they are worried about you. But please ring them. I do not want a bunch of angry vampires to storm in here and try and 'save' you." Anatoly said with a smirk, handing Shado a phone.