Weird scent

***Nobody's position***

Bella didn't like that the Volturi were there. Nobody really paid attention to her anymore. They were worried about Shado who apparently fell off a cliff. What an idiot! At least she jumped on purpose, but it was a good thing to because she wanted to see her Edward. He loved her so much that he watched over her even if he wasn't there.

And it wasn't her fault that Viktoria tried to kill Shado. Besides, Edward told her that she broke Viktoria's nose. That was just stupid. Who would punch a supernatural being? Of course, her wrist would be hurt.

Everyone was wondering how Shado got out of the water. Who cares? Someone pulled her out. What's the big deal? As far as Bella was concerned, she was an attention seeking bitch who, just like Jessica said, thought she was too good for this town.

Not that Bella really liked Forks, but she wanted to stay here for Edward. One day they would both move away and live in a big lavish house, both of them immortal forever. They would be the most beautiful couple there was. Everyone would be jealous. And the stupid human Shado could die. Then they would get rid of her.

Besides, Bella fit in better with the vampires then she did anyway. Sure, Shado was beautiful but Bella was way better. So, she spent a lot of her time sulking. She wanted attention and even when she sat on the sofa with her arms crossed, nobody took care of her.

"Edward...entertain me. I am bored" she whined when he sat down at the piano.

"Maybe you can spend some time with Charlie. I read his thoughts and he misses you".

"But I want to do something with you" she huffed.

"How about we play chess? "he asked. Bella nodded reluctantly and Edward sped away to get the chess bored.

He put it up and gestured for her to make her move. Bella looked at the bord with a confused expression. She had never played chess before and didn't even know the rules, so she just moved one-piece forwards.

After about two minutes, and Bella making a lot of mistakes which Edward pointed out, he won the game.

"You're not allowed to do that. Besides, you have more practice. You're a vampire "she said in an annoying voice.

"Why don't you play with Shado then. She is your age and maybe you'll get along better" he tried to reason. To be honest she was starting to annoy him greatly.

Bella smirked. She would be much better than Shado. At least Bella went to school while Shado was being home-schooled. She must be stupid as she wasn't allowed in high school like her.

"Sure, but if she sulks because I win then I don't want to play with her."

"Bold of you to assume you'll win" Jasper said coming into the room. He sat down on the sofa with a smirk.

"Where is Shado anyway? "Edward asked confused. He hadn't seen her all day.

"She wanted to go out into the woods, but Esme wouldn't let her unless someone went with her. So now she is out with Caius. Either they are making out against a tree or she is trying to shoot him with her bow and arrow" Jasper answered, flipping open a magazine.

"So, Caius is taking her out for walkies?" Bella scoffed.

Caius and Shado weren't pressed up against a tree or trying to kill each other. Well, more like Shado would be the one trying to kill her mate. No, they were actually having a sort of civilized conversation. Caius asked questions and she nodded or shook her head. Some she ignored meaning she didn't want to answer them.

Suddenly the ancient vampire stopped and stuck his nose into the air. The took a big sniff and growled. "There's someone here." He grabbed her hand and pulled her back towards the house.

Shado stopped and gave him a confused look. "It doesn't smell of a human or anything ither that I know" with that he dragged her on. Caius wanted to get his mate out of the open. He didn't know what this scent was from and she was hurt already. He wouldn't be able to defend her very well if he didn't even know what he was up against.

Caius hated this feeling. He liked being in control. Always having the upper hand but this situation was weird. As soon as they got closer to the house the guards came up to them. Caius said something in ancient Greek, and they nodded.

"The scent was male, and it was this weird one again" Demetri said.

"Find out who it is and deal with it" Caius hissed. Shado shook her head in panic. "Give me five minutes. I have an idea".

It was like Shado had said at the start. The people don't listen to you when you talk all the time, but when you don't talk. They hear every word you say when there is a time when you do. And that's exactly how it was. Everyone listened to her.

"Absolutely not" A certain blonde vampire said with a growl.

"You are all acting like there is a bunch of werewolves outside ready to kill me. I have a pretty good idea who it is and he is fairly harmless...I hope"

"Fairly harmless? You hope? Are you serious?!"

"Dead" she hissed before walking out. Nobody followed her even if their better judgement told them to.

Shado walked out and then shouted.

"Come on, you're losing you're touch. If you want to kill me, you are doing an exceptionally bad job".

A second later someone jumped down from a tree nearby and walked towards her.