Monsters never leave

***Nobody's position***

It was a few days later Shado found herself lying on the forest floor. Her head was resting in Caius' lap and she was coming through her hair. It was Slade who told her to get her ass up and do something about that mate of hers because she would not get another chance of unconditional love and he had lost his and would not accept that she just through away hers because she was so uptight.

To be honest the Cullen's were worried that he would hurt her. They heard them talk in a strange language that no one else talked. Turns out it was old mandarin with a little bit of code mixed in. The two of them shared long conversations which usually ended in them either trying to kill each other or sitting together reading hugging whatever they do. Shado was still a great secret.

Nobody knew where she came from, still not, and also not why she was in those words all those years ago. She just didn't like talking about the past, well except with Slade, which was very confusing as they just randomly started talking about something no one understood with no background information whatsoever.

Normally the vampires just sat there and watched. They had figured out that she had been trapped on an island for quite some time with Slade and some other people, and the other people were dead now, and then there was some bad people that tried to kill them, but who weren't dead and that was about it.

They also figured out that she thought Slade was dead because she almost killed him and that she was the reason he had lost his eye and had to wear an eye Patch. They also knew that he had done something to her hurt her very badly. They said they were quit now although he was still angry she hadn't tried to kill him which was also very confusing cause normally you didn't tell people that they should have killed you. You just don't do that.

Apparently Shado had killed quite a few people but nothing close to Slade who went on a wild rampage after the serum or whatever that was. The two of them were very secretive about everything and no one did ask because they wouldn't get any answers anyway.

So now Shado was lying in the woods talking to Caius. She was slowly warming up to the vampire and even answered him verbally now, instead of just shaking her head or nodding or trying to hurt him with her knife which apparently also belonged to Slade. She stole it and never gave back.

Slade did take her out to ice cream just like he had promised, and they even looked into motorbikes together as he apparently had also promised her that. When the Cullen's mentioned that it would maybe be dangerous for her, he just laughed it off and said she'd survive anything if she survived the island and him, which made Caius growl and try to attack him which made them almost kill each other in their living room. In the end Caius won and wanted to kill Slade but was stopped by Shado who dumped a glass of water over his head, so he had calmed down.

Slade was apparently some kind of super soldier. More like Chinese super soldier who wasn't actually Chinese to be exact, and that's why he was super strong super-fast and had extraordinary senses. He wasn't as strong was fast as a vampire of course but he did like to train with them while Shado just sat at the side watching or she made new arrowheads.

Shado and Slade also trained a lot together almost every day. But never actually harming each other too much. She didn't have to hold back as Slade healed within minutes or once also within hours after she had accidentally stabbed him. Multiple times. An accident of course.

Slade held back quite a bit with his super strength and the Super speed but fought as if he was a normal human being which was very entertaining for everyone. Shado was happy. There was no other way to describe her feeling right now. She had never been really happy before but finally she was she had Slade back her brother, her mentor, everything basically. And she had Caius.

He been very patient with her. He noticed that after Slade came, she warmed up pretty quickly and although she wasn't like any other human. No one explained to the Volturi or the Cullen's why she had these weird powers like being able to hide in plain sight, well not exactly plain sight, but no heartbeat and no scent.

Caius was also very happy his mate was finally accepting him and seemed to be interested in his old war stories, about him fighting the werewolves and also the battles he fought when he was still human. Even if he couldn't remember everything, he was a very good storyteller.

He had also told her about his late wife Athenodora. Shado wasn't angry that he had had a wife before. She didn't blame him at all, maybe she was a little bit jealous even, but not angry. She understood that he had been alone for 3000 years she couldn't imagine how that would be she didn't want to.

Shado didn't know if she wanted to be a vampire. Live forever and all but Caius had mentioned it a few times in are questioning way, if she had thought about it, and she had. Shado would never have wanted to live forever in her old life, no offence to the Cullen's they made her feel at home, but she could not have lived with knowing that she had killed so Slade and even if the nightmares had been less since Caius was there. They were still in her head and she was still afraid, even if she hated to admit it. But she was weak, not as weak as she had been before, but still afraid and weak.

She still knew the nightmares, the horror she had lived through and she hoped that one day they would just go away. She wanted to live but she couldn't, not with all the monsters inside of her head screaming at her. Screaming that she was one of them, that she was a monster that she had killed. And yes, she had killed, she knew that, but it was for a good purpose, right?

She never meant to hurt anyone, but she did have a choice. That's what they all say don't they? The monsters. They say they had to do it, they had no choice, and they didn't mean it. But they all do and that's what scared her, she knew she was one of them, but she didn't want to be. She had no choice. She was thrown in much too early and had no choice whatsoever about it. It was either live or die and she didn't know why, but she felt like she had to live. It was probably just humans being human, wanting to live, pathetic really.

Shado had never really feared death. She knew one day it would come and she wasn't angry about it. Why would she be? Some die earlier some later. She didn't want to die though, not with a bullet through the head like one of her friends had. That wasn't a nice death. That death would mean that they had won.

And they would never win, not with her around, she wanted them to suffer like she had suffered. She wanted to kill them but then again that was monsters thought wasn't it? Her rage was so big, but was it rage or more? Was it that she had finally been broken by them? That she wanted to kill like a monster? But in the end, it was it was okay right? Because they deserved it, didn't they?

They did...they were monsters and they deserved to die?

Right?