VII.

~ s w e a t h e r  w e a t h e r ~

TOUCH MY NECK, AND I'LL TOUCH YOURS

        THERE'S NOTHING DAWN LOVED MORE THAN THE WAR GAMES

THERE'S NOTHING DAWN LOVED MORE THAN THE WAR GAMES. She loved when she used to go up against Jason and Reyna. She loved the rush she'd feel when everyone stopped to watch her mini battles. She loved how confident she felt in her metal armor. And she especially loved when she could tap into her cool ass powers and cause some good, old fashioned chaos.

Her powers; kind of a sour subject, considering her... accident.

When she first came to camp, she was on probatio. And, like any child of Victoria, she felt a thirst to prove herself. Especially since she was the only daughter of Victoria at camp.

In other words, she did something really, really stupid. As usual.

Thanks to her mother, she had the ability to run at extremely inhuman speeds for long periods of time without fatigue.

Basically, she was Greek Barry Allen, as Jason would say.

Ironic since he was basically a blond Superman.

That being said, Dawn was extremely upset that she had to sit out of the war games. As praetor, she could only watch from afar with Reyna. Which didn't totally suck since she got to annoy Reyna while she watched teenagers maim each other for fun!

The games usually lasted about an hour and a half, and almost always ended in the same sad way: Fifth Cohort takes another rough defeat while Octopus and the rest of the First Cohort wear shit eating grins.

Somehow she knew that these games would be different for the Fifth.

Or maybe the Son of Neptune was just lucky when he killed those Gorgons. Who knows!

"I have a bad feeling about tonight, D." Reyna's hard voice cut through the slight silence as they rode in the sky.

"Huh, really? Cause I was kinda looking forward to the games." The cool night air drifted through her mahogany colored hair pushing it in all directions wildly.

Reyna only nodded pensively in reply before shouting some orders at the cohorts.

Well, so much for light conversation.

Dawn pulled her hair into a quick braid, and squinted her eyes. She was looking for Hazel and Frank... and Percy.

"You think we'll see some blood? Y'know, I kinda miss playing in these games, I used to get some pretty badass scars."

"You liked playing in these games because you like attention, D."

Dawn glared at Reyna, and threw her hands up dramatically.