XIV.

~ c h e r r y w i n e ~
★彡

HER EYES AND WORDS ARE SO ICY
OH, BUT SHE BURNS LIKE RUM
ON A FIRE.

THE UNIVERSE WAS SOMETHING DAWN WAS FASCINATED BY

THE UNIVERSE WAS SOMETHING DAWN WAS FASCINATED BY. It was a strange concept—one that was twisted and complex and different for almost every living thing on earth. Especially those who saw through the mist.

Jason and her used to think about this together, and laugh about how crazy their conspiracy theories would get.

One conspiracy theory that Dawn couldn't quite get out of her head was that earth—all the planets, and even the entire universe was part of something bigger.

Humans were just ants on someone else's word.

So, out of all the things to think of—war, battle plans, an escape route. The only thing that came to Dawn's sharp mind was that theory and how much it applied.

And also Percy's pale—almost blue face and sickly figure in the moonlight.

There was an ugly ass giant standing right in front of her eyes. How fun!

He was taller than a siege tower—thirty feet, at least—with scaly reptilian legs like a Komodo dragon from the waist down and green blue armor from the waist up. His breast plate was shaped like rows of hungry monstrous faces, their mouths open as if demanding food. His face was human, but his hair was wild and green, like a moth of seaweed. As he turned his head from side to side, snakes dropped from his dreadlocks. Viper dandruff—gross.

Dawn wanted to scream at him to take a shower. But she didn't really feel like dying today.

He was armed with a massive trident and weighted net. just the side of those weapons made Dawn's hands tighten around her weapons.

She'd faced that type of fighter many times. It was the trickiest, sneakiest, most evil combat style she knew. This giant was a supersize asshole.

But if it came down to it, she'd fight him without hesitation for the others to get away.

"Who the hell is that?" Frank whispered lowly before gagging. "He smells like a dollar store Percy."

"Hey!"

"You know it's true."

Dawn rolled her eyes a little. Percy didn't smell that bad. She actually kinda liked it.

"I think that's Polybotes. The one Terminus mentioned." Dawn squinted her eyes as Hazel nodded feverishly.

"The grain spirits mentioned him, too."

Percy groaned softly from Dawn's shoulder.
"Grass babies."

Dawn shared a small smile with Frank and Hazel. In a way, Percy calmed their nerves. He was like the glue.