nine

I could feel the stickiness of the leather sofa beneath me. I could smell the distinct aroma of Malfoy Manor.

Opening my eyes, light flooded into my sight from the floor-to-ceiling lattice windows.

Malfoy was sat on a chair across from me, drumming his fingers on the arms.

'What did you see?" He stared at me.

I sat up, my head was pounding. "What?"

"You had a vision. What did you see?"

"I had a vision? How do you know?"

He looked away. "Cause I know you. I'm always there when you have your strange vision things."

"Not always" I mumbled. There was a long pause, "I swear it was a dream."

"Why?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

I bunched my lips from side to side. "No reason." I dismissed with my hand.

It had to be a dream.

He studied me for a moment. "Liar."

"Am not" I narrowed my eyes back at him. "What happened after I passed out?"

Draco stared absently over my shoulder. "She didn't admit to it," he gave a spiteful laugh. It almost sounded like a sob. "She stormed out, Pucey followed her."

"And you owe me a seven hundred year old Persian vase." Malfoy drawled.

I blinked, furrowing my eyebrows. "Huh?"

"When you passed out, you smashed my mother's 13th century vase."

I looked down. There were scratches on my thighs and the inside of my forearm.

"When I was picking you up, which was practically a workout by the way," I rolled my eyes, "I accidentally cut myself."

He held up his right hand. It had a long gash on the side, from his wrist to the middle of his pinky finger; and several smaller scratches dotted on his palms.

"I can heal it for you."

"Well, that was the idea" he rolled his eyes, getting up from his chair and seating himself next to me on the couch.

He held out his hand out and I placed mine on top of his.

I studied him; a mask of pride, covering whatever anger and betrayal had sewn itself into him.

"You carried me to the sofa?"

He kept his eyes glued to the healing wounds. "Well, no one else was here to do it."

"You could have just left me there" I mumbled.

He looked up at me through his lashes, a smirk drawn on his face.

"I could have."

As the last laceration closed, I felt his hand tense beneath mine, before sighing and jerking it away.

Malfoy summoned a bottle of firewhiskey out of the air. As he began chugging it down, a bright white light came zooming through an open window.

It was a squirrel patronus. Ashley's patronus.

Guys come quick! Astoria's in the hospital! ...I don't know which hospital-oh-the lady at the desk, she said we're at St Mungus-what?-oh-we're at St Mungo's. Also bring the baby quidditch costume, I accidentally-ly left it-ooh and food. Uh so..yeah, 'kay bye!

We sat in silence, stunned as we watched the squirrel scurry away.

"Astoria's in hospital? She was fine this morning." My eyebrows furrowed in shock.