two

"You-You're-Sister-WHAT-You're our sister?" Evan's eyes bulged so wide, I thought they might pop out of his head.

"I-I-we-we would-would know if we had a sister-we would know" Garren shook his head in disbelief, slowly sinking back down onto the couch.

The room felt like it was growing hotter and hotter by the second. "I erased your memories eleven years ago, after our brother died-to protect you-I told Bethanne to take you-"

"BROTHER?!" Evan slammed his fist onto the seat.

"You knew about this?" Garren's stare drifted to Bethanne, blinking rapidly in astonishment, his eyes plagued with betrayal.

Bethanne immediately tensed, displaying a pained grimace, "I-I-"

"Just drink these-" I hastily pulled out two vials full of golden liquid from my right pocket, "-they'll restore every memory i've taken from you". I held out my palm, the vials resting on it.

Evan climbed over the arm rest of the loveseat and grabbed the bottle, popping the lid off. He sniffed the liquid, instantly drawing his head back and gagging.

Shaking my head with amusement, I turned to Garren, who just crossed his arms and eyed the liquid skeptically.

He glanced at Bethanne, who nodded her head in approval.

Sighing deeply, he gingerly took the vial, and hesitantly tipped it down his throat, grimacing at the taste.

I looked over at Evan, expecting him to be copying his brothers actions, but to my surprise, he'd already drank it and passed out on the floor.

Garren soon followed suit, collapsing in Bethanne's arms with a small thud.

Whilst waiting for my brothers to awaken from their slumber, Bethanne and I had laid them both onto separate couches, opposite each other. Every so often, their bodies tensed up and their face twisted in pain.

To have your entire life quite literally flash before your eyes, to regain every minute and every second of someone you once were, must feel like finally filling the hole in your heart that you never thought existed.

We had began a conversation about my brothers' lives, how Garren had been promoted at his job as a bank teller and Evan had just broken up with his ex-girlfriend, Katherine, last month.

"So when did he and Anuva break up? I saw them together at your wedding", I asked, blowing the steam off my cup of tea.

"Oh, well they broke up a few months after the wedding actually, I'm not exactly sure why, but he avoided even being in the same room as her for almost two years-"

A groan elicited from one the sofas. Garren propped up on his elbows, blinking rapidly to adjust his eyes to the light.

Regaining his senses, his eyes finally found mine, my breath caught in my throat, almost suffocating me. "Lay" he breathed.

I immediately mirrored his grin that stretched from ear to ear, feeling my eyes swell with tears at just the utterance of my name.

Evan's body suddenly shot up from his position on the couch, his head darting from side to side, as if searching for someone.

"Where-where is she!" Evan blurted, asking no one in particular, "Astoria! where is she!"