four

"Lainey hurry up!"

"Two minutes!"

Pulling the front strands of my blonde hair out of the slicked back, low pony-tail, I took a step back and examined myself in the mirror.

I wore a black dress that came down to my mid-thigh, with a slight split on the right leg. Running my hand down the long, off-the-shoulder, sleeves made of sheer mesh, I let out a breath of satisfaction and went to join Evan downstairs.

"Well you're looking very spiffy tonight" Evan commented, folding his arms, as I descended down the stairs. "Who are you trying to impress?" he wiggled his eyebrows.

Sitting on the bottom step, I slipped on my black heels. "Says the one who's wearing that-" I pointed up and down to his light grey slacks and white button-up, "-to impress Astoria" I huffed.

"I-no-this is not why I'm wearing this. I'm wearing this because..." he paused to think. "Because, I have decided that-"

Rolling my eyes, I cut him off by grabbing his arm and apparating us to the front door of Malfoy Manor.

"Awwwhh" he moaned, rubbing his forehead with his right hand. "I am never gonna get used to that".

We were definitely not the first ones to arrive, as the up-beat music could be heard from outside.

Stepping inside, I immediately spotted Harper and Anderson, who was feeding Smelloria a cookie.

"I'm gonna go find Stor!" Evan shouted over the music.

"No you're not" I grabbed his upper-arm and started dragging him towards the boys. "Harper!" I beckoned.

"What! Why can't I go see Astoria?" Evan exclaimed, trying to free himself from my grasp.

"Because I don't want you doing anything you shouldn't" I glanced back to see his eyebrow raised. "Y'know-like-tell her you love her" I clarified.

Rolling his eyes, he scoffed "I would never do that. Who do you think I am? I need to win her back, play hard to get".

"Hey Lay" Harper waved, taking a sip out of his glass. "Who's this?" he nodded towards Evan.

"Oh, this is my brother, Evan".

"As in Astoria's Evan?" Anderson blurted, looking him up and down with his nose scrunched.

"You saw him at Bethanne's wedding, and I'm pretty sure you talked to him" I added.

"Oh right, I remember that. Didn't you ask me about Astoria and sex posit-"

"Where's Harmony?" I hastily interrupted.

"She's helping Astoria with Scorps" Harper sighed. "Y'know we've barely gotten any alone time cause Stor's too tired to do anything by herself.

"At least you're getting some alone time" Anderson scoffed, "I haven't slept with anyone in months" he paused, to rub his chin in thought.

"I guess it's helped me appreciate the more beautiful side of things in life, like the colour of my eyes-"

Harper snorted, "Your eyes are brown, Vince, and I had sex the other day-"

"Oh look there they are" Anderson exclaimed with fake enthusiasm, pointing towards the two girls approaching us.

"Hey guys" Harmony waved, linking her arm with Harper's. Her hair still as blue as ever.

Astoria was just behind her, leaning on her pink walking stick, giving us all tired smile. Until her eyes settled on Evan.

ASTORIA'S POV

Harmony began dragging me towards Ryan, Vince, and Lainey. I looked around for Draco but he was no where to be seen.

I would never admit it, but I can't do anything alone anymore. I can't even walk around my own house without this bloody cane.

When we approached the group, they all looked at me like I was a empty, delicate vase, ready to smash into a thousand pieces and more, with the slightest movement.

The same way Draco has looked at me ever since I've given birth.

I tried to send them all a cheery smile, but I knew they could feel the exhaustion behind it.

When I finally noticed the figure standing next to Lainey, everything went still.

Evan. My first love.

All I could do, was stare at his buoyant face and reminisce about all the times I'd seen that expression before.

When I loved him and he loved me back. That was the fact which brought me back to reality.

Sometimes love doesn't heal wounds, they create them.

"Astoria" Evan exhaled, taking a step towards me, causing me to take a step backwards.

"Why are you here Evan?" I whispered wearily, avoiding his eye contact.

"I had to see you, Stor" he took another step towards me.

This time, I stood my ground. "No, I mean why are you here-now-after ten years of nothing from you! No explaination, No goodbye, Nothing!"

"Please can we just go somewhere and talk" Evan begged.

Suddenly erupting into a fit of coughs, I immediately felt two figures holding me up, Each holding one arm.

"Stor are you okay?!" Evan's face frantic.

"Fine" I muttered, ripping my arm from his hands.

"She just got a bit worked up, I'll take her to lie down" Harmony assured them, her being the other person holding me up.

"No! Im not weak! Stop talking about me like I'm not standing right next to you!" I ripped my arm out of her grasp too.

"Come on Evy, we can talk in here".