𝐨𝐧𝐞 » 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

- 𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟 -
𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐬2 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬!!

IMPORTANT: READ

hello new reader yes i see u!
now this is up to you.
you can start from the beginning, i won't complain, but if you really want to read some good high quality stories i recommend starting at chapter 17 or 18 and working your way up. my work is so mucb better around there. but if you want to start from the beginning thats fine, but don't let the cringey bad writing put you off! i srsly recommend skipping!

---

two boys, micheal wheeler and william byers. they were best friends, and always will be. but recently, they've not been talking as much. they both didn't really know why. actually, thats a lie. they knew fine well.

the byers came round to mike's house for dinner, since karen invited them. she wanted a catch up with joyce.

mike was busy trying to figure out a record player, he told will that he'd get it working in no time. it's been 30 minutes.

will was sat on the couch biting his nails, not saying a word. mike on the other hand was swearing every two seconds and getting frustrated with himself. will promised dustin that at some point tonight, he'd try his best to tell mike about how he felt. he really liked mike, everything about him. his laugh, his hair, his smile, his whole personality, absolutely everything. mike being clueless yet adorable wasn't making it any better.

mike bit his lip as he tried to get the record player to work once more. will didn't have the gut to even look at him. dustin had known about will's feelings for mike for a long time now. he found out about it a few days after the spring break started, and luckily he was super supportive. to tell the truth, dustin didn't really care about will being gay. the only thing he cared about was getting mike and will together, finally.

will decided to man up and talk to mike.

w: "do you want my help with that, you absolute idiot?" will asked, a smirk creeping on his face.

mike turned around quickly, he had a startled look on his face.

m: "please, im not having any luck whatsoever." he laughed nervously.

w: "clearly. schooch over."

mike stepped to the side, and let him try. it was no surprise that will got it working in the space of a few minutes. mike stood there shocked

m: "i-i helped. 100%." he stood like superman and nodded his head.

w: "mhm, oh yeah. definitely." will rolled his eyes at the comment.

m: "do you want me to uh.. change the song?" mike gulped as he looked at will, his eyes were filled with guilt.

the song 'every breath you take' was playing. that may seem like nothing, but really it was the song that played when mike and el kissed at the snowball, one of the worst nights of will's life. eleven moved away awhile ago with hopper, and mike broke up with her after a while because he was having weird thoughts, well not weird. unusual thoughts we'll say.

w: "if you want.." will answered. deep down, he wanted to dance with mike. re-do what mike and el did at the ball.

mike didnt stop the song.

will plopped himself back on the couch and closed his eyes. but just as he closed them, he heard footsteps walking up to him and his heart started pounding like crazy. will opened his eyes and caught a glimpse of a hand, and soon looked up to see mike staring right into his eyes. his beautiful green eyes that he hadn't looked into in so long. on the other hand, will was looking into mike's chocolate brown eyes. he was at a loss for words.

they stared at eachother so purely, and not in a platonic way. the way they stared and acted around eachother was not platonic bestie behaviour.

m: "come on, dance with me." mike said, smiling confidently.

w: "are you taking drugs?" will genuinely thought mike had downed a whole carton of pills. this is all he has ever dreamed about.

m: "i don't think so, no. come on, move." mike took will's soft hand in his own and pulled him off the couch.

it's like their hands were made for each other, mike's hands were warm and soft, as were will's. they stood on the only plain bit of wood.

mike placed his hands on will's waist, and will was left to put his hands on mike's shoulders. at first they were just swaying, but after a while they both began smiling and dancing with more energy. they were having the time of their lives. will's dream was coming true, and mike's happiness was finally restored. it was the first time they both felt truly happy in a while.

they calmed down and began to slow dance. will looked up at mike's beautiful eyes and stared into them. his pupils were vast and wide, which excited will. he always heard that 'if someone's pupils are wide when they look at you it means they like you' and will never believed it then, but that changed in this moment. i have a feeling we all know why. mike was obviously staring right back. will's green emerald eyes were so beautiful and big. they were filled with pure love.

they stared into each other's eyes, but didn't realise how close they were to each other. mike's face was inches away from will's. both of their faces were bright pink from staring at each other for such a long time. will got too nervous and was about to make a bigger distance between their faces, but he couldn't.

he was interrupted by mike's lips kissing him softly, oh my god, mike was fucking kissing him! will actually snapped back to reality and kissed mike back the best he could slowly and softly. just then, the kiss was over. will couldn't believe what just happened.

m: "i knew, i knew the whole time." mike blurted, shaking his head and smiling joyfully.

"w-what did you know..?" will replied, confused. they're foreheads were against each others.

m: "that you love me, silly." how the fuck did he know? will couldn't reply. he took his head away from mike's and looked up at him.

w: "and it's okay if you don't feel the same way mike. we can forget this ever happened and i understand if that was a mistake--" will was completely oblivious to the current situation.

m: "you're such a fucking idiot, will byers."

he grabbed the boy in front of him and hugged him tightly, tighter than ever before.

---

-𝐄.𝐒