𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 » 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥, 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?

-𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟-
𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐬2 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬!!

---

today the party is staying over at mike's house, except el. she's on holiday with hopper. usually, she wouldn't be allowed to stay if she was mikes girlfriend, but that wasn't the case anymore. eleven ended the relationship awhile ago and mike took it surprisingly well. he didn't really understand why el dumped him, but he didn't really care at the same time, for some weird reason. it was kinda a boys night, seeing as max is in california visiting her dad for a few weeks.

mike was preparing the basement for his guests, which was very rare. he hated cleaning with a passion, and only did it when his friends or relatives were coming round. he pulled a TV from the corner of the room into the middle, and got snacks from a cupboard upstairs. the basement looked pretty good and mike was proud of himself.

after 20 minutes of waiting around, dustin and lucas arrived. but not will.

m: "hey dustin! just go to the basement, lucas is in there." mike told him. dustin trotted down the stairs and started screaming at lucas for no apparent reason. mike rolled his eyes and chuckled at dustin's stupidity.

mike was trying his best to hide how anxious he was about will having to bike here on his own. i mean, he knew will was capable but sometimes people weren't capable of being decent human beings. joyce was working, and jonathan was on a trip with nancy. mike stood at the door anxiously.

he was peering out trying to find will arriving on his bike, but there was no sign of him whatsoever. mike sighed and went to close the door, but just as he was about to shut it, he heard a small cry from across the road. mike instantly recognised this cry.

it was will.

m: "MOM ILL BE RIGHT BACK TELL MY FRIENDS AS WELL PLEASE!!" mike yelled, closing the door behind him. the crying was still going on and he followed the direction of it. he ran right across the road. mike found a broken bike lying on the curb of a pavement. he followed the trail of fresh blood.. and found a curled up will byers sitting behind a wall.

mike's heart dropped and he hurried towards his best friend.

m: "jesus will! what the fuck happened to you?!" he yelled, making the byers boy look up with pure terror on his face.

his face was covered in bruises and blood dripping scars. he was shaking.

m: "who did this to you, will?" mike stroked will's cheek and looked at him sympathetically.

"who do you think?" will spat, he struggled to speak as he choked down his tears. he was in a real state.

"i'm gonna beat his fucking ass." mike whispered under his breath, he looked away but his attention was instantly back on the injured boy in front of him.

m: "here, i'll take you back to my house and i'll get you sorted out, okay?" he whispered, stroking will's check again, trying to wipe away his tears.

will didn't want to speak and just nodded his head gently.

mike grabbed will by the shoulders and waist, and practically dragged him back to the wheeler's.

the two boys arrived back, and mike quickly hurried down to the basement. he was now carrying will completely in his arms. lucas and dustin were watching TV, but were instantly distracted by the sight of will bring carried in mike's arms hopelessly. dustin and lucas looked at eachother in sync.

d: "what the fuck happened!?" dustin shouted.

m: "troy happened, now shut up." mike yelled, rushing will into the bathroom. lucas simply couldn't speak, he was in pure shock.

"okay who can agree that we're getting el to not only break his arm again, but kill him?" mike shouted through the door, while getting a first aid kit and fixing will's face as much as he could.

"me!" they both shouted at the same time. all the shouting was leaving will on edge and mike noticed.

"sorry for shouting, but hey.. it's okay now, they're gone alright. you're safe.." mike comforted will, while dabbing his face with a paper towel soaked in water. will tried to smile, but he felt fucking stupid, letting mike take care of him like a baby.

-

mike finished being will's doctor and took him back through to the couch. lucas, mike and dustin were all there for him and comforting him. will felt really grateful for all of his friends, they didn't judge. they just helped.

the four boys lay watching jaws for the 100th time, dustin & lucas sat in front of the couch on some pillows, and the other two were cuddled on the couch together under a blanket. will's head was resting against mike's warm chest while mike played with his hair, it was so soft and shiny. he had given will one of his sweaters, trying to cover the bulging purple bruises that has appeared on his arm. it was way to big for him, but will loved it that way.

the two of them did this fairly often, though they were still friends.

just friends.

---

-𝐞.𝐬