Ainmhithe

A/N: Listen to "Animals" by Maroon 5.

Lauren's POV

Ainmhithe (n.): the waking animal within consuming you.

"Camila..." I let out, almost in a whisper.

The woman eyed me with an extremely serious expression, as if she didn't know what I was doing there. Then, her eyes shifted down to the jacket in her hands and back to my eyes. Following her gaze, it all made perfectly good sense now.

We were there because of Louis.

"Sorry, I have no idea what Louis was thinking," Camila said, leaving the jacket on the black leather couch behind the large conference table.

I remained silent, taking only a few steps further inside. But unlike me, Camila headed toward the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked when she walked past me, on her way out.

With her fingers closed around the doorknob, Camila paused for a moment and glanced at me over her shoulder.

"Happy New Year, Lauren." Her voice cracked, barely above a whisper, before turning the knob.

Uncontrollable feelings of possession and unconformity suddenly swept over my body. Paradoxically, scorching heat and numbing cold consumed me from head to toe, biting at my legs and creeping up my body, time and time again, until my whole body was pulsating and screaming her name.

Before Camila could disappear out of the room, I hastily closed the distance between us, grabbed her by the wrist, and pulled her back inside. Reaching up, I fumbled with the key, locking the door.

"Lauren, what are you—" Camila tried to speak, but she was cut off when I swiftly turned her around and pressed our bodies together.

It was throbbing throughout my body. The desire, the craving.

"I want you, Camila... I can't wait anymore," I husked breathlessly before pulling her into a passionate kiss I had no intention of letting go of.

Camila's chest collided against mine as she struggled to breathe against my mouth, and I reached up to her face, pulling her closer and intensifying the feelings we exchanged even further.

While Camila clasped an arm around my body, her hands mirrored mine, tugging desperately at my clothes. We stumbled further into the room until the back of my knees hit the table, and I switched us around, pinning her against the wooden surface.

We resembled two fireballs—colliding and burning each other away.

The young woman nibbled my lower lip and pulled it into her mouth, slowly sucking on it. Her hands went up to the back of my neck, and her fingers ran through my hair just as she opened her mouth and slipped her tongue into mine, deepening the kiss, and my nails dug into her arms, gently scratching at her skin. As a response, my tongue devoured Camila's lower lip, feeling her shiver under my touch.

I slowly unzipped her dress, exposing her back, before reaching up to trace the line of her spine, her skin merging with mine.

Suddenly, fireworks burst in the sky, and the loud noise drowned the silence in the room, previously filled only by the almost inaudible sounds of our eager touches.

I cupped her face in between my hands, staring intently into her eyes. "Happy New Year, Professor Cabello."

"Happy New Year, Miss Jauregui," Camila returned in a hoarse whisper, breathless.

I didn't have time to say anything else, as Camila drew us closer together and trailed her hands up my thighs to raise one of my legs, pressing her knee hard on my center.