Flying part 2

This is part 2 of Flying

Enjoy!
_________

First POV

When we get on the plane, we sit in our seats and buckle up. I look beside me to see Rich shift uncomfortably. I frown, then take his hand. Which makes him look at me. "Want to play a game?" I ask. He sighs "Not really". I pout and he chuckles "I'm sorry, darlin. I can't". "Richie, how on earth does one have a job like yours and still be afraid of flying?" I question. He shrugs "It isn't the flying, y/n. It's the... suddenly not flying". I smile and roll my eyes "Nothing's going to happen, Rich". He sighs, but doesn't say anything. I squeeze his hand gently as the captain speaks up, going over the health and safety guide. When the plane rumbles, signalling that we are about to take off, I feel the grip on my hand tighten a little.

I rub my thumb over his knuckles "Richie, look at me". His head turns towards me and I see tears forming in his whiskey eyes. I frown, suddenly wishing Rob was here. It scares me to see Rich this upset. It isn't often that I find myself in a situation where I have to comfort him. "Rich, you better not cry. You'll make me cry and no one wants that" I sigh. He smiles slightly and was about to say something, but then the plane started to move. He jumps and I notice his breathing becoming erratic. I move closer to him, but he looks away from me. "It's okay, Richie" I mumble to him. I reach up to push his hair out of his eyes, which makes him look at me. His beautiful eyes fill with tears again and I sigh quietly "It's almost over". He chuckles lightly "Was that to comfort me or you?".  I roll my eyes, letting him rest his head on my shoulder. He buries his face into the crook of my neck. I feel my cheeks heat up the closer he gets to me. So I try to distract myself by starting to run my fingers through his hair soothingly. His breathing eventually goes back to normal and his heart rate slows down. But he doesn't move away from me. "Are you okay now, Richie?" I ask quietly. He hums "Well, I didn't die. So... there's that". I giggle and I feel his smile on my skin. He presses gentle kisses to my neck, making me blush a little. "Thank you" He sighs. I shrug "I didn't do much". He pulls away to look at me "You were here, though". I take my hand off off his shoulder to play with my sleeve "Rich, how come I've never noticed this before?". "Noticed what?" He questions. "That you're afraid of flying. We've been on a lot of flights together" I reply. He shrugs "Well, we're always with Rob. You've seen me mess with him". I gasp "That's how you show when you're nervous?". He rolls his eyes "Alright, foghorn. The whole plane didn't need to know that". I giggle and he smiles.

He leans back into his seat, causing some of his hair to fall over his face, covering his eye. I instinctively reach over to brush it back. He hums "That annoy you, or what?". I blush lightly "Just a bit". A cheeky grin appears on his face "Or, do you just like playing with my hair?". I look away from him when I feel my cheeks heat up more "No". He chuckles before pulling away from me. Unable to hold my curiosity in, I look at him again. He folds up the armrest in between us, then he moves to rest his head on my lap. "Rich, what are you doing?" I question him. He shrugs "Nothin'. Just admiring you from a different angle". I blush and roll my eyes "Shut up". He smiles softly before taking my hand and kissing my knuckles and then rubs his thumb over the back of it "I love you, y/n. You know that?". I smile slightly, nodding "I love you too, Richie".
________

Finally finished it! Sorry it took so long. But I hope you liked it anyway

- W.S