Chapter 19: Thinking Mercs

- Downtown Lungmen, 1600 hours \ Sunny -

"Oi, Michael! Wake up!" A mafioso said to his sleeping compatriot who is on the driver's seat of the van that they are in now.

"Uh, what is it, John...?" The mafia driver known as Michael muttered as he rubbed his eyes after being abruptly woken up from his nap.

"I heard somethin' earlier. It sounded like sum really loud explosions!" The mafioso beside the driver known as John told Michael.

"Must be the Master being her again. Just glad that I ain't on the receiving end of it, again." Mafioso Michael mused before yawning.

"Ugh, that Lappland. One could wonder on what she did to nag the old bosses." Mafioso John said. "It's been a month since someone saw heads'r tails of theirs."

"Hey, at least we still get paid with that hard cash. I didn't sign up for this to get none'f that." Mafioso Michael said to John who sighed.

"Fine, fine. Keepin' our mouths shut so we stay alive, yadda yadda... It gets really boring sometimes." Mafioso John said. "I'd rather be blowin' stuff up to smithereens, but ain't gonna want to make that Rat King mad again. Nu-uh!" He added.

"Hah! Never again, brotha." Mafioso Michael responded and John nodded in agreement.

"Say, what're the papers for anyways? They don't seem to catch me eye." Mafioso John asked as he held a stack of contract papers with the label of Rhodes Island at the cover of each one.

"I dunno, John. Beats me. The Master didn't say no words 'bout it." Mafioso Michael answered as he shrugged. "Who knows? I don't really care s'long as I get me payment for the month."

Just then, they heard knocking on the doors of their van, which meant that the signal is finally up after waiting for so long.

"Finally! Took our boys way too long! I'm startin' to get a back sore 'ere!" Mafioso John exclaimed.

Mafioso Michael opened his door's window as he yawned again. Upon opening his eyes and looking through the window, however, he saw a muzzle of a submachine gun. Behind the said gun is a certain red-haired Sankta as well as a dark-skinned Sarkaz and a Kuranta in tactical gear.

"Sup." Exusiai simply said to Mafioso Michael who froze in terror.

His friend, John isn't doing any better because when he opened his own window, he too, is greeted by a muzzle of a pistol. This time, held by Torrent, with Strife and Texas behind him, weapons drawn in an intimidating fashion.

"How're you doing?" Torrent smirked as he pointed his gun at the mafioso.

- Later... -

The team of Penguin Logistics and Praetor Enterprises operators drove through the roads of Downtown Lungmen with Texas at the driver's seat, leaving both mafiosos Michael and John tied up somewhere to be picked up by the L.G.D. For now, they are heading to another one of their numerous safehouses to do some R&R. That is, until they can figure out what to do next.

"By the way, where's Emperor? I thought that he's with you all?" Odpis questioned the Penguins due to the lack of a certain noisy boss.

"Oh, he actually left way before that girl crashed our safehouse. Where'd he go, I dunno." Exusiai answered.

"Well, alright. It's Emperor anyways so I guess we have nothing to worry about." Odpis mused as she tinkered with her new gadget.

"Right. We have these blank contracts from Rhodes Island." Splinter said as he skimmed through one of the contract papers. "Terms of agreement, reason for membership, and whatnot. Same old stuff." He said.