greencough (scenario 1)

Time period- during the greencough outbreak in Thunderclan where Firestar recruited all of the ill cats to the abandoned twolegplace.... I can't accurately recall which cats were taken (I only remember Sandstorm, Millie, & Briarkit lmao) so plz don't get triggered if Ferncloud or Dustpelt or any of the cats I mentioned get placed in the wrong location. (It's been too long..) Also I don't remember the precise timings (like the existence of kits and for ex. Lionblaze x Cinderheart) or which book certain things occurred in so this is just some slapped together compilation of everything I can recount :)) enjoy!! :>>

Scenario 1- left at camp

Ferncloud watches the hindquarters of Firestar and multitudes of her clanmates recede into the distance with trepidation. They'd gone in an attempt to quarantine their greencough from the rest of camp. Ferncloud wishes that her clanmates would be ok. Millie and Briarkit had been afflicted the most.

She casts one last glance of them before they vanish from sight and turns back to camp with her head and tail drooping.

Only when Dustpelt makes his way over to her do Ferncloud's spirits lighten up. The two twine their tails. At the other side of camp, Birchfall weaves around Whitewing and butts his head into her shoulder while the white she-cat's tail curls up in delight.

"Our son will go far in life," Ferncloud sighs and ignores how Spiderleg warily dodges the playful bodies of his kits, Rosekit and Toadkit. She suppresses a pitiful wince at Daisy's crestfallen visage.

Dustpelt notices and rests his tail on Ferncloud's flank. "Don't worry, he'll come around sooner or later because love will eventually soften him up." Ferncloud isn't completely reassured but still plasters a smile across her face, trying not to add to the doldrum feeling that had settled around the camp at the leader's departure.

Then as she diverts her eyes from her mate's tantalizing face, she catches a glimpse of Sorreltail and Brackenfur exiting the camp through the gorse tunnel, their tails shuddering with anticipation. Ferncloud recalls how she'd caught Brackenfur completely distracted from his duty as camp-guard multiple times. He'd been gazing enthrallingly at the she-cat and within moons she'd reciprocated his feelings. The two had gone on countless affectionate strolls through the undergrowth and radiated their fondness for one another.

"I wish we could be like that...'' Normally the hushed whispers of individuals would've been drowned out by the bustling sounds of clan life. But since the clan is practically empty, Ferncloud's ears easily pick up Lionblaze's huff at Cinderheart from the breeze.

The two cats were settled next to each other with their tails intertwined, peering at the way the soulmates' bodies seemed to intuitively fit together as one as they dashed off into the woods. The two newbies were gazing wistfully at the pair's chemistry.

Dustpelt's sudden movement towards her drowns out Cinderheart's reply. Ferncloud turns toward him, twitching her whiskers irritatedly and playfully. When she follows his gaze she finds that he has his eyes trained on the newly emerged lovebirds as well. Ferncloud blushes, slightly rattled by how the tom can just read her mind.

"Why don't we show them how it's done." Dustpelt tuts. Ferncloud blinks at him and peppily follows him across the clearing to the tunnel. The two reach the gorse tunnel and demonstrate sensational gestures as they dotingly pad through it.

When Ferncloud turns back toward the area she'd last spotted the two mates idling in, she is disappointed to find only air where their bodies should be.

"Forget those mouse-brains, let's get to the real deal," Dustpelt doubles back to flank Ferncloud. Ferncloud accedes and dismissively flicks off the amateur partners with her tail.

The minute the fresh tang of growth untainted by the scents of clan-life blasts Ferncloud, she gives into her exhilaration and sprints, racing Dustpelt to the nearest birch tree. A leaf then falls and lands square on her head.

"Wait, rabbit," Ferncloud halts in her tracks as the jaw-watering aroma of rabbit wafts past her. She begins stalking up on it, ensuring that she is downwind. Ferncloud wiggles her hindquarters from side to side as she braces herself to pounce, ludicrously aware of Dustpelt's gaze pinned on her act.

Just as she darts forward a larger rabbit barrels right into her side. Ferncloud's hunter's leap falters in formation and she stumbles.

"Ferncloud NOOOO!!" Dustpelt is by her side in an instant, balefully swatting at the larger hare until it surrenders and skitters away.

"I was afraid you'd end up sightless like Longtail and never catch any glimpses of our future kits," Dustpelt pants with relief afterward.

Ferncloud rebelliously stands again to finish off the rabbit. But to her dismay, she finds that it had scurried out of reach. If she chases it, she would end up at the Windclan borders so she grunts miserably.

"Great Starclan!" Ferncloud is more shocked to find that the two rabbits had sauntered off together like any typical feline pair. She is bewildered by the fact that rabbits also have the potential to care for one another. She concedes that rabbit-kits had to be born in some way, but she'd always perceived rabbits as a bunch of bird droppings. The heroic action of the mates rescuing each others' backs astounds her. She'd expected their every action to be perfunctory with their evident miniscule hearts .

Eventually Dustpelt begins lapping between Ferncloud's ears. The calm sensation of his rhythmic warm strokes placates her racing thoughts and she eventually succumbs to the serenity

The camp had already been silent enough with the absence of cats, but in the secluded forest Ferncloud finds everything sharpened and heightened even further. She didn't need to be reminded of Daisy and Spiderleg's estranged and tense relationship.

Ferncloud: "And that's how Dustpelt gets me pregnant. I hope I don't lose any more kits too soon this time around."

Lionblaze: "And that is how new life is created in clans. That there epitomizes how kits can be brought into the world to carry on the legacy of the clans. More bluntly, that demonstrates the formulating behind the sorcery of she-cat's."

A/N- damn i included barely any dialogue.. I'm probably better suited at conveying stories with words than actions but there you go :>> The 101 ways written by my friends in the description are probably much more entertaining :))