Chapter 1

A week after the beast's were released, they spread out to the corners of the world to wreak havoc on whoever stood in their way, this is one of those unfortunate villages.

A village in the southern part of the world, a village that was hidden from sight. They did not interact with the kingdoms. And thus the kingdom was truly free

Since the village did not interact with the kingdoms, they did not get the warning that the beasts were freed.

the beast that had ventured to the south to destroy it. Fortunately, it was at a weakened state, and it didn't have the power to completely wipe it out from the face of the world. But it was still powerful enough to have the entire south be engulfed in an endless storm

Hot. It was hot, was the first thing that ran through the boy's mind. He groaned as he sat up from the ground, his vision was blurry and he couldn't think straight. "W-what's going on?" He said drowsily. His vision cleared up as he stood up.

He quickly found out the source of the heat. Fire, his entire village was burning down. His first instinct? Try and put out the fire, he ran into the village as he frantically looked for the well to get water. He was quickly stopped by the village chief.

"What are you doing kid?!" The chief yelled at the boy. "I'm gonna put out the fire!" He said determined. "Kid.. I mean.. Atlas, you can't put this out. There's a monster here, you run, as far as your legs can take you. Run far from here and get help" they ordered Atlas. Atlas didn't understand, but he followed the chief's orders. He quickly turned around and ran. As soon as he got past the border of the village, he turned back to look at his home town.

A large howl shook the ground, 3 massive wolf heads rose up from the village and shot out fire, ice, and lightning. Atlas' mind told him to keep running, but his body compelled him to go back to face the monster.

Atlas ran back into the village, grabbing a sword that he had found on the ground. He headed to the center of the village, where the 3 wolf heads rose up and disappeared. He heard screaming and it immediately told him to stop. Atlas hid behind a house and peaked out into the village square.

A beast, a massive humanoid wolf was standing there, towering over the village chief. There was also 2 other wolf heads on the beast's body. The monster tilted it's head back and laughed.

"Oh how I missed this feeling!" It exclaimed in excitement

"Oh how I missed this feeling!" It exclaimed in excitement. It looked back down to the village chief, who shakingly held up his sword to the beast. "S-stop!" The chief yelled in fear.

The beast grinned and then immediately snatched up the chief. "You should've left like the others, but instead you wanted to be the hero. You know what we do to heroes?" the beast asked in a deep voice.

"Silence!" The chief yelled out a battle cry as he brought down the blade on the beast's hand. The beast did not flinch. "It's rude to interrupt a person. But here's what we do to heroes" it let out a devilish grin, it opened its jaws and moved the hand holding the chief closer to it's mouth.

"NO! STOP! PLEASE!" the chief pleaded, "I BEG OF YO-" The beast clamped it's teeth down on the man's torso. It ripped out half of the chief, his intestines flying everywhere, blood was raining down. The beast simply tossed the bottom half of the carcass aside as if it was a simple piece of meat.

Atlas struggled to keep himself from yelling, he breathed quietly so the beast would not hear him. As he was about to run, his sword dropped to the ground, making a loud clattering noise that had alerted the beast.

It turned it's head around to look at Atlas. "It seems we found a scared little rabbit" it joked as it slowly walked towards Atlas. It's aura making Atlas begin to fall to his knees.

The beast crouched down in front of Atlas, it's eyes looked up and down as if it were studying the boy. "You look delicious. But as I just ate a moment ago.. I'll give you a chance to run. I always leave one person alive to tell the tale" it smiled as it's bloodied teeth were bared. "I'll give you five seconds to run, one.. two.." Atlas stayed frozen in fear as the beast counted down, he shut his eyes to prepare for death. But his body moved on his own, forcing him to run faster than he ever did before. "Run, Run, RUN!" The voice in his head told him.

"How fast the rabbit is!"  The beast then went on all fours, it then started to run after Atlas, closing the distance between them in seconds. It snapped at atlas to convince him to run faster.

Atlas' legs could barely carry him any longer, his mind was screaming at him to stop, but his body continued to move. After what had seemed like forever, the beast had suddenly stopped in it's tracks, it stood up on it's hind legs again and smirked "You are fast little rabbit! I shall let you live to tell the tale, consider this mercy from the great Cerberus!"

Cerberus, the beasts name was burned into Atlas' mind. A name he will never forget, a name that he would always hold in anger. "I'LL KILL YOU CERBERUS!" He yelled out with the little energy he had in his body. "AS LONG AS I LIVE I WILL STRIVE TO END YOU!"

"Oh? Another hero? Hm, very interesting.." Cerberus thought to itself for a while before speaking again. "Very well then! I will save myself for you to destroy me.. but might I ask of the little brave rabbit's name?" It said in a surprisingly soft tone of voice, unfitting for it's monstrous appearance.

"A-Atlas.. Areoaunt" the boy said weakly as he collapsed out of exhaustion. Cerberus grinned, "Atlas.. I hope to see you once more, but the next time we meet, I will not be so generous.." it said as it walked into the forest surrounding the destroyed village, an echoing howl was heard.

From that day forward, Atlas would remember that day and have rage in his heart towards the beast known as: Cerberus