Chapter 2

Rain was softly pouring down on the charred village, waking up Atlas as it fell onto his face. "What happened?" he thought to himself as he sat up and rubbed his head.

His memories of the previous night were flooding back to him. He remembered the beast destroying the village, he remember it killing the village chief, he remembered it's name: Cerberus. Anger filled his heart as he quickly stood up and let out a yell of both anger and despair.

"CERBERUS! CERBERUS! CERBERUS!" Atlas yelled out the beast's name, voice filled with rage. "I'm going to kill you.. I will not rest until I kill you with my hands, and my hands alone" he vowed to the beast and to himself.

It took him a while to get over his raging fit, before he got back to his senses. He glanced over to the now charred houses of the buildings, and to the forest behind it. "It's probably long gone by now" he let out a deep sigh as he solemnly trudged back to his destroyed hometown.

A day had passed since he had woken up again. Atlas had started to begin the clean up in his village in an attempt to restore it to it's former glory. But it was hopeless, he couldn't possibly do it by himself. "Shit..." he cursed under his breath. He leaned against the side of a still standing wall and banged his fist against it. "If only I was strong-"

Crack

Atlas' attention snapped to the source of the sound. He stared towards the direction before sighing, "It's nothing.. probably just a rab-"

Crack

"Okay... that is not a rabbit" he said as he scanned the area for whatever the was making the sound. He slowly moved around the village, attempting to stay as quiet as possible.

"Eushuaka.." an inhuman voice spoke with a garbled and hoarse voice. "Hell-" he didn't even have any time to finish his sentence before he was sent flying backwards by something. All the air was knocked out of him.

A small grotesque humanoid stepped out from behind a fallen roof. "Yaka ni yode.." it was a goblin, but it was strangely larger than the ones he's ever seen before.

Atlas quickly rose to his feet and tried to catch his breath again. He got into a defensive stance as he tried to think of what to do. There was no way he could overpower a goblin of that size with just his bare hands.

The goblin glared at Atlas and snickered, it was holding something in it's hand that was dripping blood. Then it hit him, he had been stabbed by whatever the goblin was holding. "S-shit.." he cursed under his breath, his side was leaking blood quickly.

There was one thing he could do and it would be extremely difficult. He backed away from the creature and picked up a fallen wooden plank from the ground. "All right! Come at me!" He yelled out to the goblin.

"Sha yako ne yodo!" It yelled out in response as it charged towards Atlas with immense speeds. Atlas moved out of the way just in time to counter attack, he swung the plank of wood.

Crack. The plank shattered and left Atlas unarmed once more. The goblin seemed only mildly affected by the hit, but it made it angry. "Rooowwaaaaa!" it cried out as it turned around and slashed at him with it's knife.

It barely grazed the skin but it still hurt like hell, but he had to fight through the pain. Atlas counter attacked and landed a blow on the creature's jaw. It quickly retaliated with a quick jab and a tackle.

Atlas was pinned to the ground, the creature drooling over it's prey. "Shit! I'm gonna die here.." He thought to himself, cursing himself for dying before he killed the beast he swore revenge against.

"You're not going to die here aren't you?" A voice in his head spoke. Atlas was to busy holding the goblin's head back from his neck to respond to the voice. "It's a shame... you promised that Wolf that you'd kill him" the voice spoke again "You promised to avenge your village, and yet you're going to die at the hands of a goblin"  it said in a tone of disappointment.

Atlas started to find rage once again, the unknown voice's words were giving him the strength he needed to push back. He slowly pushed the goblin back further away. "GRUAHHH!" The goblin brought down it's knife onto his shoulder. He flinched when he felt the knife but it didn't hurt. As he was running on pure adrenaline. He reached to the side to find something to grab, while having one hand keeping it's teeth away from his skin.

"Come on, FIGHT!" The voice spoke, encouraging him. He found a rock just a couple of inches away from him, he reached out to grab it. The goblin noticed this and took out the knife from his shoulder and attempted to bring it down on his hand. Atlas quickly jerked his hand back as soon as the knife was brought down. It barely missed and was jammed into the ground. He quickly grabbed the rock and smashed it against it's head. The goblin was thrown off of him, letting go of it's knife as it fell to the ground. Atlas tossed the rock aside, and gripped onto the dagger's handle.

He stumbled towards the creature, it looked back towards Atlas and bared it's teeth. "Kahshay-" it was cut off by Atlas stomping on it's face. "Shut up" he said coldly, the goblin let out a cry that would echo throughout the forest and the village. "I said, SHUT UP!!" he stabbed the goblin in it's chest. It let out another shriek "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UPPP!" he repeatedly stabbed the goblin, each time the blade going deeper into it's flesh. The goblin went limp as it groaned.

Atlas took out the dagger and looked up into the sky, the rain was washing the blood off of his face. He felt the rain hit his face for a while before limping to one of the buildings that still had, or partially had, a roof. He sat down and rested against a wall, he ripped off pieces of fabric from his shirt to wrap it around his wounds to stop the bleeding.

As he was about to pass out from exhaustion, he saw something moving in the corner of his eye. "Crap.. not another one" he gripped onto the knife again and slowly got up to investigate. His vision was blurry and could not see well, but as he got closer, he saw a navy blue object, it was stuck onto something and was flailing in the wind.

His eyes widened and tears started to form as he recognized the object. It was his scarf, but not just any scarf, his mother's scarf. Atlas dropped to his knees in disbelief. "No..." he said as he crawled towards the scarf and freed it from whatever it was stuck on.

He buried his face into the dark blue fabric and cried. Before he was talking big about killing Cerberus himself, but now. He was serious, nothing was going to stop him from avenging his village, and his mother.

"Good, use that anger and rage to motivate you. Abandon anything you need thought you needed. None of that matters anymore, unless you don't want to avenge your mother" the voice said coldly. Atlas sniffled but quickly regained a calm mood. "Alright, nothing matters anymore." He repeated after the voice.

"Perfect.. train yourself with that dagger. And expect something very important coming to help you gain power in about-" the voice paused for a second to think "-twelve moons from now." Atlas nodded, not responding. The voice went silent and Atlas stood up and wrapped his mother's scarf around his neck. He gripped the handle of the dagger tightly. "Nothing is going to stop me.." he said to himself as he walked into the forest to eradicate any goblins remaining in the forest.

"not the kingdom, not any monsters, nor the dragons or phoenixes themselves. are going to stop me"