Prolouge: Part 2

"It's been 2 Moons since the four beasts have stopped their destruction and retreated to that island. Many adventures have gone to explore but none have returned" The king of the north said bitterly.

"And we have almost no way of stopping the influence the beasts have over the monsters. Before they went into hiding, the monsters were easily slain. Even a rookie with no sword training could've killed a mere troll!" One of the magicians in the room said "but now even 4 trained knights have trouble killing one!"

There was a sense of despair and desperation lingering in the long abandoned castle, a marvelous structure where the first king was gifted a legendary power by the gods. In the center of the now crumbling building, sat a round table. Where the 4 legendary knights sat to discuss on how to overcome the greatest threats. Now, Four kings from each corner of the world gathered here with their most powerful magicians, and their most intelligent strategists have gathered around the table to try and figure out the solution to the greatest threat that the world has ever faced.

"We've tried sending our Asuras and Devas out to recon the new continent, but as soon as they neared one of the structures that we believe that where one of the beasts live. They were quickly crushed with the immense pressure the area had" the magician that had accompanied the king of the west said solemnly.

"Impossible!" Said the Kings and the strategists in unison, "The asura and deva species are strong enough to withstand a whole mountain being dropped in them" A strategists said in disbelief.

Before meeting at the round table for the fifth time in a month, each of the kingdoms had sent out their finest soldiers to go and venture into the new continent, with a goal of slaying at least one of the beasts.

"If they can't even survive in the continent, then what can?" Said a Magician, losing all hope. "Then we will launch a full scale attack on each of the structures! Send out all of our soldiers and our magicians!" The king of the east said confidently, not even thinking of the consequences.

"B-but sire! that would mean the death of hundreds!" the strategist from the east said in protest.

All the kings were silent. "I do not mind if entire armies die, as long as we get closer to killing those unholy beasts" the king of the south finally spoke in a cold tone of voice.

Nobody in the room protested, they were desperate for a solution. As they were about to make the final decision, a voice spoke out.

"You humans are so quick to agree to kill off your own kind" a booming voice spoke. A pressure suddenly was weighing down on every being in the area, making it hard to stand.

"W-who's there?!" The king of the north spoke in fear. Each of the magicians readied their magic in case they needed to engage in combat with this individual.

"Not who... what" a cloaked figure stepped out of the shadows, a hood was covering their face, but there was obviously some in-human properties to them. On the very little pieces of skin that were shown, scales were scattered on it. The figure approached the table, and in response the magicians had begun to preform the spell to subdue the figure. "You annoy me" the figure simply flicked its hand and the spells from each of the magicians was canceled out.

The figure reached the table, and each of the kings shivered and moved their chairs away from the figure. "Humans have killed every last one of my kind, and even though that I should let your species be wiped out. There's something telling me to assist your kind with the eradication of the beasts" it spoke as it took out a pouch from underneath its cloak, it placed the pouch on the table before turning its back and walking away. "This will be the first and last time my kind will ever help your species ever again." It said in a voice that was slowly getting hoarser. They stumbled back into the shadows and disappeared.

The room went silent for a minute, before the gazes of each participant of the room went towards the pouch. The magician from the south had hesitantly picked up the pouch and opened it to see what it contained. Their eyes widened and then placed the pouch back onto the table.

"So? What's inside?" The kings asked. "Four orbs.. and they contain a power I haven't seen in many moons.." the magician said in disbelief and awe. "The orbs contain dragon energy"

A wave of confusion and hope had filled the room, each of the kings had reached into the pouch and had taken one of the orbs. The king of the north had taken a orb that was glowing with a blue light and was cold to the touch. The king of the west held a glowing red orb that was warm and seemed to have fire within. The king of the east pulled out a orb that glowed purple, it was also the lightest of the four. And lastly, the king of the south was holding a glowing yellow orb in his hands, it had no special properties to it.

Each of the kings had put the orbs they had pulled out placed the orbs into separate containers. "With these gifts from the dragon species, we will harness their energy to conquer the beasts!" The king of the north said proudly, everyone in the room burst into cheer.

A day after the 'solution' was found, the kings had headed back to their kingdoms. A week after this had happened, carriages were sent out to go back to the abandoned castle to retrieve the orbs and bring them back so they can give the orbs to the most highly regarded knight of each kingdom. The magicians had found out that the orbs had to be fused with the wielder in order to work correctly. And so each of the carriages headed back to the kingdoms, with the orbs being brought back with them.

3 of the carriages had only made it back to their kingdoms, and only the carriage heading to the kingdom of the south never arrived at it's destination...