Chapter 3

One year later, Rumors from traders passing down a road near the center of the continent tell of a white haired ghost with a dark blue scarf who had been seen killing off any monsters that came in it's way.

The wagons transporting the orbs to their kingdoms were told to do it as fast and as secretly as possible. The Kingdom of the south is prideful though, they made the existence of the orb public. And so the wagon would be riding through public roads so the inhabitants of the kingdom can give praise.

A boy walked into a tavern that was on the side of a road traders usually took. The pub was crowded, by both traders and adventures. "OI! get out of here! this place isn't for you!" a drunken man said angrily. The boy kept on walking towards the bar, not even acknowledging the man's words. "HEY! I said for you to GET OUT!" the drunk stood up from where he was sitting and started to stumble towards the boy. The boy turned back to face the drunk with a death glare. The drunk immediately backed off with a quiet "Sorry.."

He sighed in annoyance and sat down in the bar. The bartender looked at him in confusion and curiosity, as the boy fit the looks for the rumored ghost in the forest. But they didn't want to ask about it incase the 'ghost' was hostile to humans. "W-welcome to the Blind Boar!" they said nervously "What can I get you?".

The boy pulled down his navy blue scarf to uncover his mouth to speak, "Just a glass of water." The bartender poured water into a glass and handed it to him, "I didn't hear a carriage or horse coming over here... did you walk?" they asked in concerned tone of voice. The boy nodded as he drank the water.

"How far have you walked?"

"Far enough"

"Can I at least know your name if you aren't gonna give me a straight answer?" they asked in an annoyed tone of voice. "Fine.. name's Atlas, and I have some questions that need answering" he finished his water and pulled up his scarf again. "Alright ask away! I know everything there is to know!" they said proudly.

"Do you know of anything that can kill the beasts?" Atlas asked, today marked the end of the twelve moon deadline for the arrival of the 'power' that voice had promised him. "Something that could kill the beasts.." they thought to themselves "Oh! the kingdom announced that a wagon was gonna go down this road, and it was carrying something like what you asked!" they smiled as all of the people in tavern were there just to see the wagon pass by.

"Really?" even though he didn't look like it, he was eager to get his hands on whatever objects the carriage was transporting. He grinned from underneath his scarf. "Oh I'm gonna steal that power for mysel-" he was interrupted mid thought by someone shouting out. "THE WAGON IS COMING!" the entire tavern burst into cheers, everyone rushed out of the tavern to cheer on the wagon. Atlas tossed 2 copper coins to pay for the water and a silver coin as a tip. He walked outside as he looked down the road and saw a greatly decorated wagon, he grinned as he moved his hand to the dagger on his side. He had planned on hopping onto the wagon and obtaining the 'power' and make a straight shot towards the beast.

The wagon slowed down when it arrived at the tavern, the wagon driver waved and smiled, a person draped in a robe was sitting next to the driver, reading a book and constantly checking inside of the carriage. "HURRAY FOR THE KINGDOM OF TLATEKUINALOTL!" the drunks shouted out in glee. The wagon driver nudged the robed person, they sighed and put their hand up and mesmerizing flames and sparks were shot out of it. "A magician? this might be more difficult than I thought"

Atlas used this unintentional distraction to rush to a vantage point in order to stop the carriage from moving. he ran in the direction the carriage was going, he had climbed up a tree that was big enough to hold atlas and conceal his presence. Once the magician had stopped their light show, they motioned for the driver to keep on going. The wagon started to move at it's normal pace back again. as they neared the tree the magician had sensed something, they looked around and then looked directly at the tree where Atlas was hiding.