vii. a little trouble

07 | A LITTLE TROUBLE

Oliver had seen the impossible, done the impossible, but nothing could prepare him for seeing a man wearing a complete gold and red suit of armour blast over his head like a miniature jet. The crowd around him started muttering about the robot man as he landed on the ground.

All the emerald archer could hear was the word Iron-Man over and over again. To both Sara and Oliver, his armour looked similar to their friend Ray Palmer's suit except the colour scheme and looked a bit more high-tech.

They both heard him mutter something, his voice sounding slightly mechanical as he started sweeping his hand back and forth. "Friday, scan."

Their eyes both widened, realising that whatever he was doing, was going to cause trouble. They saw a redhead woman with night sticks behind her back and a blonde man with a bow strapped to him back arrive next to him. 

They nodded to each other before beginning to run the opposite direction from them, hoping the three wouldn't notice them fleeing. They stopped in an alleyway.

"They're here for us, but why?" Sara asked.

"I don't know, but whatever it is, it's trouble," Oliver grunted, dropping his carry on bag on the ground.

He bent down, taking out the top part of his uniform, shrugging his shirt off before putting his uniform on. He swung his quiver behind his back and took out his bow before peering out of the alleyway.

Oliver turned back to Sara, turning his voice filter on. "Get back to the hotel. Make sure you aren't getting followed and inform Barry and Kara. I'll hold them off for a while and try to get back without getting followed myself."

Sara nodded, picking up the take away bags and his carry on bag. "Just make sure you don't get into any trouble."

"I don't get into trouble," he retorted, notching a grappling arrow. "Trouble always ends up finding us."

Sara nodded to him, agreeing with his statement before running off into the crowd, blending in quickly and was soon gone. Oliver let out a deep sigh before running forward into another alleyway, keeping himself to the shadows.

Fortunately for the emerald archer, he had read a map of the place at the hotel before leaving, knowing what passage he could take to get back, but he knew he'd have to be cautious. He then heard voices around the corner of the alleyway he'd previously been with Sara.

Oliver shot the grappling arrow on top of the building he was hiding behind, pulling himself onto the roof of the building apartment. He crouched, watching the passageway below him and drawing an arrow from his quiver but didn't notch it yet.

Instead, he quietly waited for any movement or sound. After a few minutes, he heard a rumbling noise in the distance. Within another few minutes, someone entered his line of vision. It was the purple archer. 

Oliver watched him silently and carefully, trying not to be seen. Unfortunately for him, the man might've seen his crouched shadowy figure or heard his breathing because he glanced up at him, his eyes slightly widening.

"Hey!" He shot two arrows in Oliver's direction who smacked them away to the side with his own bow before firing his own arrows in return.

Of course trouble always finds me, Oliver thought silently.

---⤐ 🏹 ⬷---

"The energy signature is moving ... away from us."

Clint and Natasha weren't surprised that Tony would screw up their surprise attack. The billionaire walked forward, starting to scan again for the signatures. Clint sighed, turning to his best friend.

"If you didn't have to bring in that annoying tin can with us, then we could've probably gotten them by now," the purple archer muttered to her while the redhead just crossed her arms, rolling her eyes.

Tony then wandered back over to them after a few moments. "We should split up. There were two energy signatures, but one faded almost immediately after it came up."

Clint and Natasha exchanged glances with one another, still wondering if this was another one of Tony's pranks. If it was, they both would personally kick his butt themselves.

"You guys going to split up or what?" Tony asked in annoyance while Natasha gritted her teeth. 

"Yes, we are. Come on, Clint." Without waiting for a response from the archer, she dragged him down the street, hearing the sound of Tony's repulsors blasting off.

The redhead let go of Clint's arm, scanning the alleyway in front of them. Somehow, her instinct told her that the alleyway was the reason for the disappearance of the energy signatures.

Natasha turned to Clint. "You go through the back. I'll watch the front."

Clint nodded, notching an arrow in his bow before cautiously entering the alleyway, remaining in the shadows. Natasha watched him disappear in the darkness before walking over to a good position, waiting for her partner to get into position.

She climbed on an overhanging piece of pipe to gain her momentum as she swung back and forth before launching herself over a fire escape ladder, climbing onto the rooftop for a better view.

The redhead let out a low deep sigh, keeping an eye out for trouble, waiting for a response from Clint. She had no idea how long time had passed when a dog barked in the distance. She ignored the barks, almost missing a faint sound far in the distance in the process.

Her eyes snapped towards where she heard it, growing alert. It couldn't have been Clint, he would've told her his position. A faint colour of green appeared out of the right corner of her eye at the end of another alley rooftops. 

It quickly and silently disappeared from her view. Natasha hopped from the edge of the railing towards another rooftop, jogging towards the area where she heard the faint sound and the flash of green originate from.

"Clint?" Natasha touched her comn. "Where are you?"

"Sorry, Nat." Clint's panting voice came through as if he'd been running.

"I sort of ran into ... a little trouble."